Coding In HTML help

untamedbeast996 Nov 11, 2014

1. untamedbeast996

untamedbeast996 --->Jtag Support Lifetime Gold
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Need a Little help with Coding,,,, Im Fluent in C# C++ Java And That Stuff...But not to Much On HTML or CSS or PHP, So

My Question...
    I want On my Website To show recent Payments Sent to My Paypal, From The Buy Now Button
    How Would I go About this..Like A Recent donor's List

2. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    You would have to build up the columns which then will initialize the layout of your recent Paypal payments. Then next you would need the automatic updating and connected Paypal coded in. So were you looking for coding help, coding explanations, or actually having someone do it for you?

3. untamedbeast996

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Like...Im No Good at this.. i need help with it

4. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    You would use the Paypal IPN system. Which that is only available for Premier or Business accounts, which you can easily update to at any time.

IPN Intro:https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNIntro/
    Code Examples: http://paypal.github.io/sdk/sample-apps/

HTML helps alittle but PHP helps a bunch more. You would use HTML/PHP headers to verify that the person paying isn't actually faking the sent data (usually).

Good example you could look at that works is here. (Though the payer_email var is alittle weird.)

5. untamedbeast996

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Bussiness Accounts Not for me...I need my SSN or Tax ID....meaning imma get Taxed or In big trouble if somethings off...then i gotta worry bout the Requirements

6. untamedbeast996

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    ok guys...Just woke up...got work today....How do i set up Paypal IPN

7. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Setting your IPN: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify

As I said, either switch to Premier or Business. If you don't want business just use the Premier one. (Account Types)

But you need to setup your IPN forwarding file on your server(/website). When you go to setup your IPN from the link above its just gonna ask you what file to forward the info back to and seeing as you haven't set that up yet you shouldn't have to do it yet. If you wanna go simple and not have to code anything yourself just go with that donation center I posted about and throw that on, setup your DB info then link that ipn.php file and your good to go and don't have to touch anything else.

Of course that system works likes this:
    1. Payer goes to page to select amount.
    2. Payer clicks "Donate" button that goes to the paypal login page.
    3. After paypal is finished it redirects the payer to the info page.
    4. Payer fills info page with name/site/comment.
    5. During 4 paypal forwards payment info back to the ipn file on your server.
    6. ???
    7. PROFIT?
    But if you want it to display payments off your paypal without using that sort of system I think you would need to use cURL to login to your paypal and gather element data and store it. Paypal has no sort of API other than the IPN that I know of. Can you send a link of your site in a PM to me so I can see where would need it so I can see what you would need?

8. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Yes, as [member=Yumiyashi] said, IPN would be your best bet. Displaying the list of recent donors automatically upon donation is possible but quite unsecure. To do that you would be using a cURL php command to login to your paypal and grab the recent donations. Even then, it wouldn't be showing just your donations but all your recent payments. Also, someone with a little knowledge could easily snatch your paypal login from the cURL command when it executes. I think you're safest to go with the IPN, just Google it ;)

9. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Though cURL wouldn't be a choice because Beastly doesn't know PHP and I was talking with him and let him know how to do the IPN stuff. (Problem is that I haven't been on enough to give any tips or code snippets.)
    I did however link a PHP script that does work so I think he is using that now but I haven't checked.

Using any sort of authentication system for payments is always recommended to use SSL (https) to make sure you make a secure connection while sending PayPal commands. Though, I don't think using an IPN should need SSL.

Instead of PHP you could always try asp pages seeing as you know C#.

10. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    What o.o, using cURL? I can assure it would take a lot more, then just a basic person to actually use a tool to crack.. The most someone could do to you would be to spoof your .htaccess, thus SQL injecting into your tables, but let's be real here, if you are special enough to store your PayPal login and password inside of a SQL table and you have no knowledge on web devleopment, then you most likely deserve to be hacked. I don't truthfully see the point in displaying your recent payments on the world wide web in anyway... and to be fair yeah you could go and use IPN and use PayPal's scripts, but like he said above it will force you to upgrade your account.

In this scenario, you're taking more than you can chew, play it safe and learn more about how all these things work before just throwing it up on your site.