Preview Zelda's Temple of Time has been recreated in Unreal Engine 4 and it looks stunning

ADDZ May 6, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Zelda's Temple of Time has been recreated in Unreal Engine 4 and it looks stunning

While many fans of The Legend of Zelda have been calling out for a realistic take on the classic series, I've always been of the opinion that the series should always be about saccharin visuals, quirky characters and classic storybook charms.

My favourite and most memorable Zelda games are always the most visually interesting: A Link to the Past; Wind Waker; A Link Between Worlds, Oracle of Ages/Seasons; Minish Cap and - yes, even - Skyward Sword (though not for its gameplay).

The idea of a Legend of Zelda with hyper-realistic graphics did nothing for me. That is until I watched a video of the Temple of Time recreated in Epic's Unreal Engine 4.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia; maybe I've been watching too much Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, but now I kind of want to see what a fully realised Zelda game using the visual style below would be like. I mean, who wouldn't? Look at it, it's so beautiful.

This particular effort is from the amazingly talented Michael Eurek who spent "several months" rebuilding the iconic temple in UE4 (along with Maya, Z-brush, Photoshop) when he a friend challenged him to "recreate an environment from an old game I like using modern techniques".

http://vimeo.com/93897087

2. gold972

gold972 团队XPG影响 Effect XPG Developer TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    damn the game look nice thank for the shared addz ;)

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

Unreal Engine 4 is running even dust in the sun light, looks great

4. Ro

Rocky Guest

WOW that looks really good, I would love to see a Zelda game like that ;)

5. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Damn that looks mint o_O

6. de

deathcraft Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I wish there was a Zelda like that or better.