Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

XPG: Blue Estate Xbox One Review

Bullet Feb 25, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Blue Estate is a rare entry from the coin op, on-rails genre that we do not see all too often these days. This arcade syle shooter has an outrageously crazy storyline and is accompanied by some equally far out humor, in fact I would say the humor is right out of the 1980's and may not be to everyones taste.
    If you can take the sexist, stereotypical humor in the way it was intended then this game can actually be quite enjoyable.

The game has a feel of 'The Club' shooter video game developed by Bizarre Creations with elements of 'Eat Lead' and Jon Woo's Stranglehold to which Blue Estate actually pays homage during the game. If you could roll all these games into one you would get Blue Estate.

When i first started playing this game on the Xbox One, I used a controller as I am not really into playing games using hand gestures, they never seem to feel smooth. I found that Blue Estate was actually quite challenging at some points and figured I would try the Kinect.

This is where the game really came into its own and actually became easier to play using hand gestures. The game reacts smoothly to the commands when using the Kinect, aiming and shooting actually feel really fluid and become easier than using the controller. Considering I am not usually a fan of using the Kinect, I found this really good fun.

You play as Tony Tony Luciano, one and only son of Don Luciano, the boss of the West Coast Cosa Nostra, located in Los Angeles. Tony has to prove himself to his dad by managing one of the firms Clubs called “The Smoking Barrel” which is where the love of Tony's life works as an exotic dancer, Cherry Popz.
    Things quickly go wrong, as they would do if you put a psychopath in charge of anything, and Tony finds himself in wave after wave of trouble...

This game is currently on sale for around £8/$12 on Xbox One and if you are looking for a simple arcade shooter with some low brow humor, then pick this up.

Rating: 7/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.