Xbox One ~ The people spoke. Microsoft listened ~

PlaguedEmbrace Jun 20, 2013

1. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]
    "Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
    • Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year."

- Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft

Update 1.0 (20th June 2013)

Xbox One now confirmed to be Region Free + a few other changes to policies and what not but who cares : )
    : ( No self - developing policy means no indie games, this included the possible DayZ console port, oddworld and Fez 2 plus a few more

Update 1.1 (21st June 2013)

If your going to pre-order a PS4 (and your in Australia), order it off Amazon or Kogan, will be loads cheaper : )

Update 1.2 (25th June 2013)

MS looking to invest over 700 million $ in the cloud service for XBL, and supposedly they are going to change their mind over the self publishing policy, this will be positive towards indie developers (Dayz, oddworld etc)
    [​IMG]

2. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Id check the relevant section to see if this has not already been posted as it has ;)

Nice info though :)

3. nightmarexxx

nightmarexxx XPG Homie
    0/47

Behind you! Stalk you all tha time babyyy
    Console:
    Xbox
    Aahaha nice find m8 will be getting it but it be good if they change price like ps4 too ;)

4. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Aahaha nice find m8 will be getting it but it be good if they change price like ps4 too ;)
    they won't change the price because the extra money it's for the kinect

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

5. borris1

borris1 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    finally lol, still dnt give me a reason to go back tho :LOL:

6. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Your a sony bumboy as you don't wanna pay to play online haha but you will have to come PS4 :p

Only kidding tac ;)

XBOX IS STILL THE DADDY :)

7. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Overall the xbox has a better service & software than PlayStation which is also the main reason as to why am buying it instead of PS4.

Snap Feature
    Project Spark

Nuff said

8. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yep it sure does :) even when it had the DRM issue in my eyes :) But ive always been a XBOX fan and would never change.

9. Last1Standing

Last1Standing XPG Addict Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I am such a cheap ass it is unbelievable. I love the Xbox but since they have announced what they first announced I didn't like that. But now after these changes I am tempted to go back. I really like both systems but I always preferred playing one over the other and for the past many many years it has been Xbox, but I can get free games. And with the Xbox 360 I was spoiled to the bone, haven't paid for a game in years. I hope Xbox becomes moddable in the future because has always been my Daddy and PS3 was second in the spotlight. In other words I go where the free games take me. [​IMG]

10. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    and how long did it take to listen.... f**KING people people asked questions you miss directed it this an attempt to get the money they would be losing why didnt they do this in the first place and not be a damn Floppy Dangler Of Doom about it lol ( well if you dont have a good internet or you dont have internet buy a xbox 360) how is that helping you buy the xbox one lol

the only other thing the didnt say anything about that "the people" were asking about
    the kinect always having to be plugged in

since the drm was lifted i might get it the only get that looks good to me is dead rising 3 as of right now and for
    the ps4 kingdom heart 3 and final fantasy 15

11. fullmetal172

fullmetal172 RETROBYTE BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I am such a cheap ass it is unbelievable. I love the Xbox but since they have announced what they first announced I didn't like that. But now after these changes I am tempted to go back. I really like both systems but I always preferred playing one over the other and for the past many many years it has been Xbox, but I can get free games. And with the Xbox 360 I was spoiled to the bone, haven't paid for a game in years. I hope Xbox becomes moddable in the future because has always been my Daddy and PS3 was second in the spotlight. In other words I go where the free games take me. [​IMG]

You and me both brother, I can't remember when was the last time I bought a 360 game with me having the xkey and a jtag. Now let's see how long until we get a jtag Xbox One or at least a successor to the xkey for the one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

12. NaCLy AF

235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Yep it sure does :) even when it had the DRM issue in my eyes :) But ive always been a XBOX fan and would never change.

Overall the xbox has a better service & software than PlayStation which is also the main reason as to why am buying it instead of PS4.

Snap Feature
    Project Spark

Nuff said
    yeah features and exclusives look better on Xbox one .. But specs look much better on ps4 .. And b4 you start hating I'm not a Sony fan boy .. I ordered both consoles the day of the announcement

13. fullmetal172

fullmetal172 RETROBYTE BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    and how long did it take to listen.... f**KING people people asked questions you miss directed it this an attempt to get the money they would be losing why didnt they do this in the first place and not be a damn Floppy Dangler Of Doom about it lol ( well if you dont have a good internet or you dont have internet buy a xbox 360) how is that helping you buy the xbox one lol

the only other thing the didnt say anything about that "the people" were asking about
    the kinect always having to be plugged in

They never listened to the people, they listened to their pockets, since their pre-orders weren't the first to sold out on Amazon. This is something that could've been easily addressed but they refuse abs only kept giving mixed details about their service and even avoiding directly answering any of our questions and concerns. So seeing as Sony sold out on Amazon pre-orders they decided "they didn't take our bait and Sony is getting all the glory, let's just rewind and play along and say we took in your feedbacks and decided to roll back on the whole drm and always online crap"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

14. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The specs are really not that different, won't see much performance changes..sometimes newer video cards run worser than older ones.

You won't ever need so much RAM on a PS4 cause it doesn't have much intense features unlike the One.

15. NaCLy AF

235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    The specs are really not that different, won't see much performance changes..sometimes newer video cards run worser than older ones.

You won't ever need so much RAM on a PS4 cause it doesn't have much intense features unlike the One.
    theres huge differences

[​IMG]

16. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    yea i agree lol (they try to look like "mister hero" for undoing the drm problem but its just making them look even worse lol)

17. Last1Standing

Last1Standing XPG Addict Gold Subscriber
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    That is some good info. Nice share man!

18. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Small differences, but it makes quite the difference

19. boxgangster

boxgangster Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Was Microsoft just trolling us the whole time just to bust our nuts? :wtf:

20. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    yeah features and exclusives look better on Xbox one .. But specs look much better on ps4 .. And b4 you start hating I'm not a Sony fan boy .. I ordered both consoles the day of the announcement

WHAT!!!! exclusives look million times better on ps4!!!! Only xbone exclusive what i wanted to play was dead rising, the rest looked boring! Ps4 as killzone, driveclub and infamous, thats just three