XBOX One slow at downloading? Problem solved!

joe233 Nov 20, 2015

1. jo

joe233 Rookie
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Hi everyone!

So I am sure all of us xbox users are aware of how horribly slow downloading is on this console, it is TERRIBLE. Well some of you may know and some of you may not know of a programme called 'namebench.' Essentially it will run tests on your laptop/desktop to see if you are getting the best DNS available. I for example had a pretty crap DNS assigned to me by ISP. So I downloaded namebench and it turns out there was some DNS settings that were better suited for me - see in the attached picture! DNS.png

Anyway the last twenty minutes my xbox has download 5GB. In the previous two hours it had downloaded only 3.27 GB! So it is defiantly worth doing to at least see if you can get faster speeds! Below is the link to were you can download namebench, if it does not work simply type in namebench in google!
    https://code.google.com/p/namebench/downloads/list

2. xxxAcid

xxxAcid R* Chick
    35/47

P.A
    Console:
    Xbox One
    im aware this is possible to increase your speed but the increase your making out here is absolute BS unless your default dns server is on mars the increase gained from this is not worth messing around for plus the speed is only a trade off for less stability and id sooner download slightly slow and keep a solid connection to xbl. Just saying

3. jo

joe233 Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I went and looked into it more - the above was the bandwidth usage. I now download 4GB an hour, which is an increase of 1.5GB (ish) an hour, which I still pretty decent, still worth doing I think. So far no stability issues at all and I have been on it for the past 6-7 hours.