Tags:

Xbox One Connectivity Issues On Preview Scheme

Bullet Jan 28, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Just lately I have been experiencing connectivity issues on my Xbox One. First i assumed it was down to the constant issues that Xbox Live seems to be having, even though core services appear to be ok for the most part on Xbox Status, but the problems have been persistent since the last update on the Xbox One.
    It is worth noting at this point that I am on the Xbox Preview scheme and do receive a lot of updates because of that, some are not always 100% stable.
    Today the Xbox One would not connect to live at all and was stuck in an update loop. After troubleshooting the issue and following all the usual steps such as clearing MAC address , resetting the router etc etc I finally decided to connect to the Xbox Live network via a wired connection, assuming that my wireless card had bit the Bullet ( no pun intended).

After setting up the wired connection the update started and fixed the connection issues I was having previously. This makes me wonder if anyone else on the preview scheme has been having connectivity issues on the Xbox One up?

I had previously tested my connection and the results were all good:

Download Speed: 45.28 Mbps

Required Download Speed : 3 Mbps

Upload speed: 16.78 Mbps

Required Upload Speed: 0.5 Mbps

Wireless Strength: 95%

Packet Loss: 0%

As you can see the wireless connection has been fine which makes me wonder if it was something to do with the preview dash updates since nothing else connected to the router seemed to be having connectivity problems. An earlier update late last year caused similar issues on the Xbox One which could be resolved by powering off the console.

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    25/47

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    I had no problems last night on the one and I was using wire connection.

Send from space...

3. WwGSkuLLz

WwGSkuLLz Member
    25/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    The xbox one can have many different connectivity problems for various reasons.
    First of all, Is your nat type strict?
    That can lead to many problems that are kinda hard to notice at a glance.
    Second of all, you may not have all your desired ports open.
    You should contact xbox support about that and see what ports you need opened. You cant really contact many other people about this because everyone has a different modem. (This also causes nat issues)

You said your packet loss was 0%, So I dont know of many other things that could be causing it. My xbox does have some connection issues as well. In games, Invites almost never work for me. Parties usually take a long time to work/connect.