Not open for further replies.

Xbox One and PS4 versions of Mass Effect Trilogy discussed at BioWare

NaCLy AF Mar 3, 2014

1. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    BioWare has said that it has had discussions about bringing a version of the original Mass Effect trilogy to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

BioWare and EA released a Mass Effect trilogy bundle on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in 2012, with the pack containing Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and various DLC bits and bobs.

Over the weekend, BioWare Edmonton and Montreal general manager Aaryn Flynn responded to a question on Twitter asking about bringing the original games to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

"We have discussed that internally," he said. "If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen."

BioWare has previously confirmed that it is working on a Mass Effect 4, presumably for the current crop of consoles, but has not announced much about the title other than it will not feature Shepard in a lead role.

"I can't get into details, but the idea is that we have agreed to tell a story [in Mass Effect 4] that doesn't relate necessarily to any of the Shepard events at all, whatsoever," said lead writer Mac Walters last year.

The original Mass Effect team at BioWare's Edmonton studio are now working on a brand new IP, with BioWare Montreal inheriting Mass Effect 4 duties.

Source: GameSpot

2. zo

zombielord76 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I hope they do release an Xbox One version of the trilogy on either disc or through arcade. I am thinking of getting a second hand 360 so I can play some of my old games while waiting for new releases later in the year. Wish I kept it.

3. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    am quite excited for the mass effect trilogy, i really don't know how mass effect is gonna go without Shepard.

4. zo

zombielord76 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If they do release it I hope they include the DLC this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.