[Working] Xbox 360 TO PC(Anvil) Converter!

Barbarac Oct 26, 2013

1. wh

whydoihave2register Newbie
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Sorry about that, forgot to delete the "temp World" folder after I tested it. Go into the "bin" folder and delete the "temp World" folder and everything should work. If not I updated the zip file (still same version number) so you can try downloading it again https://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxtopcminecraftconverter/files/v1.4.67.570/?. Can't guarantee double build height support unfortunately but you can try it. I'm experimenting with that and hoping to have a double build height converter within two weeks.

2. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
  3. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No :/ Still had an issue :/ I seem to get the problem of only having 1 MCA file though, the converter never seems to be able to finish going from MCR to MCA, it seems to get a java exception? Which is odd...

Edit 1: Sorry, I didnt see you had posted :) and thank you very much for the program as it stands :)

4. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    "whydoihave2register", Is the broken chunks problem usually caused by the excess height of the map? :/

5. yo

yomrwhite Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    After the most recent post on source forge mcedit and minecraft both don't recognize the converted map.

6. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Considering the current converter has no suppot for current build height I imagine that is the problem. We shall see :)

7. yo

yomrwhite Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    For which version does it not support the current build height? Because after the latest release it converts the maps into anvil format for pc.

8. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Version .570 didn't convert my world at all, and it makes full use of the extended build height. Something to note however is that I only ever get 1 .mcr file and never any more.

9. yo

yomrwhite Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    are you supposed to have more than 1?

10. yo

yomrwhite Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i got it to work by doing the conversion process and then making a world called temp world in minecraft. you will spawn at the edge of the 360 portion of the map.

11. wh

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Just released v1.5.0. This version supports double build height and converts XBox TU13 to PC v1.7.2. The major difference in the conversion is that the converter now directly outputs your world into Anvil format, rather than output into MCRegion and rely on the AnvilConverter.jar to do this portion of the conversion. I hope these changes will resolve most of the issues everyone has been having but please continue to post errors! If you try to convert a savegame.dat and have trouble, you can upload the file and I will take a look at it.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxtopcminecraftconverter/files/v1.5.72.607/?

12. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ExpandX.exe crash :'(

13. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Expand.Exe Crashes here as well... Not sure if I can find a fix D:

14. wh

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
  15. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey thanks man :) Don't worry about it! I tried playing with it a bit by copying a previous version of expandx over and it finished, but MCedit said no chunks were available. WIll run this version :) Tell ya how it goes :)

Edit 1:

SUCCESS! I must have every type of block in my world. It is a 20mb save and goes to bedrock and the very height of the build limit and MCedit loaded it JUST fine! Yet to find a bug! But well done!! Many thanks!!

16. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    IT WORKS!!!! :) THANKSSS!!!

17. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm sorry whydoihave2register, If I want change biomes in xbox map. I have to change the "savegame_o" file?

18. CalebRagnarok

CalebRagnarok Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm having trouble converting my world to PC. Its heavily built on and I really want to put it on PC. I was intending to upload it here when I was done with it for people to use, but now I'm thinking I need to put it on PC as well. I'd be willing to upload my save here if someone would take a crack at converting it...I've tried every version and I cant get any to work.

Either Seperatex.exe or Expandx.exe hangs up.

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64

19. wh

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The biomes are stored in the r.0.0.mca, r.0.-1.mca, r.-1.0.mca, and r.-1.-1.mca files after the world is converted. The best way to edit the biomes, though, is to use MCEdit, which apparently is able to do this? I've never done it myself but take a look at this thread http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1221526-mc-edit-how-to-change-biome-120512/

I'm happy to try to convert your world for you. I'm using 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate and I haven't tested 64-bit support so my bet would be that's what's hanging you up. I'll try to compile the programs for 64-bit and get a release out for you but in the meantime if you upload the savegame.dat I can convert it and upload the converted save for you.

20. wh

0/47

Console:
    Xbox