News Windows 10 Game Mode Released

seriousllama Jan 27, 2017

1. seriousllama

seriousllama Bring back XPG! Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

Windows has released the much anticipated Game Mode in the latest version of Windows 10 build 15019 that is available to Windows Insiders who are subscribed to the fast ring. Microsoft has warned people who run this build that there may be some bugs and or cause some games to crash and there are rumours the team behind this release were torn if they should release it or not.

"We recognize that this is painful for those wanting to try out the new gaming features announced this week. We deliberated a lot on whether to release this build to Insiders with these issues, however we decided to go ahead and release it as we need feedback from Insiders on other areas of the OS,"

A word of caution don’t download this version of Windows unless you are prepared for a buggy experience. If you have a spare computer then it may be worth taking it for a whirl otherwise XPG recommends you stay on your current system.

What is Microsoft Game Mode?

Microsoft Game Mode is an optimisation setup that priorities resources and pauses background services in order to boost performance in games (think about Windows Search Index, etc.) but more than that it features a game mode that can be enabled by pressing the Windows + G key. Microsoft said it improves average and peak frame rates however it still has a long way to go.

The newest preview build also enables the built in streaming to broadcast gameplay for both Windows 10 and Xbox One this is another option built into the much anticipated game bar.

Support for the following games has been added to Microsoft’s Game Bar

They include MapleStory Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 2 - Zombies, FIFA Manager 14, Grim Dawn, Guild Wars 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield 3, Paragon, FIFA 14 and 17 Payday 2, Rocket League,The Sims 4, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and Warface.

Windows game bar has a distance to go but they are doing the mileage and improving as they go ahead it’s nice to finally have a team dedicated to gamers working at Microsoft.

XPGameSaves Admin
    SeriousLlama

2. The Caesar

The Caesar
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator Lifetime Gold
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    Awesome! I'll give it a try today.

3. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Sadly you guys won't be seeing me switch over any time soon since that OS makes all of my PC games incompatible with it, even thou I would like to give that os a try.