What is License Transfer ?

Twonster23 Jun 12, 2014

1. Tw

Twonster23 Newbie
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    So, I'm over at my friends house one day and he has a whole bunch on his xbox he didn't have before the last time I was over and I had no idea how he got them because he had a number of new games. When I asked him how he got them, he said he did a "license transfer" with his cousin as if it were obvious. I didn't ask further, but it has been on my mind. So I ask, what is a license transfer and how does it enable you to get games. Is it easy? Hard? Is there a tut?

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    ill message u in a bit on how to do it.
    Ok...

Xbox 360 Digital Rights Management or in other words " License Transfer " or LT as most of us call it.

What is "Digital Rights Management"?

Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology is used by content providers such as Xbox stores to control how game and video files are used and distributed. Xbox stores sell and rent DRM-protected videos, games, and add-in content that are covered by media usage rights that allow specific uses of that content.
    When you purchase content, you receive a license to use that content. The license has two parts: the system licenseand the local license. The system license applies to the gamertag that purchases the content, and the local license applies to the console where you first downloaded the content.

Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

Yes, you can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.
    If your console was recently repaired or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:
    1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    2. Go to Settings and select Account.
    3. Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.
    4. Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
    5. After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. " This is a copy and Paste " from the web site xbox.com
    Hope this helps but if u're still :eek: :wacko2: den click on this link and it will take u to xbox site for more info on it.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content