Jonny Weston Feb 15, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    We have a pretty good idea of what's in store in For Honor, Ubisoft's Vikings-vs-Samurai-vs-Knight melee brawler, thanks to the recently-concluded closed and open betas. So this video is mainly for fun, and it hits all the appropriate notes: Catchy tune set to a martial beat, slow-motion carnage, machismo posing, and even the ultimate classic—walking away from an explosion without looking back. Boom!

[​IMG]

I spent a few hours in the For Honor closed beta and even though PvP isn't really my bag, I was impressed by how well the combat system worked. The controls took me awhile to get comfortable with—they're more complex than the frantic hack-and-slash of most FPS melee modes—but they enable a good degree of precision and flexibility in combat, and the available classes seemed well balanced too (by which I mean, they all kicked my ass with equal ease).

We'll have our full review of For Honor up soon; in the meantime, you can follow along with Andy K's adventures in a "preposterously burly" medieval world in our review-in-progress.

Source: PC Gamer