ViperX420's Advanced Item Modding Breakdown Tutorial

ViperX420 Oct 21, 2013

1. au

aufir Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hey viper just wanted to say thanks for all the info on how to edit I can make my own stuff now and am loving it. One thing I'd like to know that I can't work out is can you actually edit the level of an item to go up? For example I like the look of the level 25-30 demon hunter gear but if I am to use one of the item 15 ?? ?? ?? Codes to make a level 60 item look like them then it makes the item level 25-30 reducing the stats to that ilvl of gear. Hopefully that makes sense to you? If you have any idea let me know :)

Sorry double post...using an iphone :/

2. XD

XDoomBladeX Newbie
    0/47

is there a thread i missed im trying to mod a weapon from scratch lets say with two stat slot value id but when i try to mod it it dosent end up on 30 09 38 or any of the other it ends up writting over that and ends up on a random byte am i doing something wrong ? is there somewhere on here that i can go to to show me sorry i just found this last night and ive been trying everything i could think of and nothing sometimes it will work but not all stats show up

3. ViperX420

ViperX420 PS3 Dev XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    you are completely in the wrong thread dude this thread is for advanced modders that already have access to 32 stat item template's that they've made and duplicated for use in this thread's method's you need to start from this thread below.

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/88541-viperx420s-diablo-3-adding-extra-stats-on-items-101/

what it basically explains is that the only way to add stats to an item is by tricking the game to add the extra byte's of info for you so that you can modify it back to its original code and gain 5 extra byte's to add a new skill each time. what we do is mod the durability imagine we have an item and it has 2 btyes of info on each side example FF 7F on left side and FF 7F on right side as well this code represents the max variable in the game so im using this to make things easier so what we are gonna do is take the FF from left side and bring it to right side.

Step 1:
    Locate the line 30 09 38 press Ctrl + F and search for that value and make sure to search Hex-Values.
    The original line should originally look similar to this
    1D XX XX XX XX 30 09 38 9C 03 40 00 50 12 60 9C 03
    Edit it so that it becomes
    1D XX XX XX XX 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF 7F
    The numbers should all fall into place and you shouldn't ever touch the 80 or whatever comes after the max durability area

Step 2:
    After you load up and repair the item go back to edit it again and the string should look similar to this
    1D XX XX XX XX 30 09 38 FF FF 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF 7F
    Change that to
    1D XX XX XX XX 30 09 38 FF 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF FF 7F

Step 3:
    Load up and Repair one last time making the string become
    1D XX XX XX XX 30 09 38 FF FF FF 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF FF FF 7F
    Now you can safely add a single property by making the line
    1D XX XX XX XX 1D 72 8E 1D 21 30 09 38 7F 40 00 50 12 60 FF 7F
    *Note the Orange Text is the Stat Value ID we successfully added to the item.
    *Note the Blue Text is back to the code we need to modify once again after loading the save file one last time and repairing it give it 12 byte's of information to start the process over again from step 1.

Now if you are sitting here thinking wtf is 1D XX XX XX XX ? I'm just using the XX XX XX XX to represent the random value's of stat id that could be here so do not try to put XX XX XX XX into the code it wont accept it cause X is not a hex value. anyways to see a video about this go to the link of the thread i gave you at the beginning of this post it has all the same info there as well

4. XD

XDoomBladeX Newbie
    0/47

thanx viper yeah i finally realized that yesterday from watching your videos i guess i should of been paying more attention to what was on them sorry bout that but yeah ive finally modded a few stuff of my own and im working up to having 30 stat items now thanx for all the help your videos are awesome

5. Ta

Takeithardpls Newbie
    0/47

Viper, I don't know if this is still of any interest of you. Since I have no clue if you have figured it out yet or not.

But you mention this in the original post:
    22 0B 08 00 15 C6 FE 01 00 18 18 20 0C 30 09 38
    22 0B = Rare Items
    08 00 15 C6 FE 01 00 18 18 20 0C = Unknown (estimate has to do with name of item)
    30 09 38 = Identified / Legendary / Min durability
    * Note we do not know why this code show's up again in Rare Item's all we know is it's prior to the Min Durability code.

I have a modded Merciless Armwraps (which do not show up in the Diablo 3 Item DB so i'm assuming they were named by someone?) But they aren't a rare or anything, they are just a basic gear with 3 sockets and a massive amount of mods. And they have the "30 09 38" code at the end of the line.

So what i'm getting at is, I don't think the 30 09 38 is Identified / Legendary. It could mean that it's socketed or just some gibberish from Blizzard.

6. ViperX420

ViperX420 PS3 Dev XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3