Uncharted PS4 game director leaves Naughty Dog

Rocky Mar 27, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Uncharted PS4 game director Justin Richmond has left Naughty Dog.

Richmond confirmed his departure to IGN, saying that he will land at League of Legends developer Riot Games.

"I have in fact made the decision to leave Naughty Dog," Richmond said. "I love the company and the people and know that they will continue to create awesome games going forward. On a happier note, after careful consideration and exploration I have joined Riot Games. There is some really innovative stuff going on here that I can't wait to be a part of."

Richmond had worked at Naughty Dog since 2008, where he worked on Uncharted 2's multiplayer and served as game director on Uncharted 3. He led the team responsible for breaking out Uncharted 3's multiplayer mode into its own free-to-play PSN game.

His departure comes just three weeks after Uncharted series writer and game director Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog under unclear conditions. Little more has been said about Uncharted PS4 since Sony first teased it on the eve of PlayStation 4's North American release.

In other Naughty Dog news, A Sony spokesperson has claimed that The Last of Us will hit PlayStation 4 in 2014.

Source - CVG