[Tutorial] Watch Dogs Installation

Met May 22, 2014

1. ha

hafizinc Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    my dashboard v2.0.16202.2 how to update v2.016527.0.

anyone can help me

thanks

2. Ha

Haaase Newbie
    0/47

Hi shuahin!

Which tool do you used to create the ISO file? A created a normal ISO, but then ISO2GOD can't find the default.xex, so there must be some special tool for creating such ISOs?

@All:
    I followed the instructions and it works! I'm starting the game via FSD using the "game.xex" file, so I haven't renamed the "default.xex". But if I go to the FSD "Title Update Manager" it didn't find any title updates?! But http://marketplace.jqe360.com/ and http://www.xbuc.net/ say that there is a TU#1.
    Can anybody help me or know why the "Title Update Manager" can't find the TU#1? Or is there a way to manually install the TU#1, when the extracted files are copied to HDD1:\Games\Watch Dogs\?

Thank you!

3. di

diggyjones Newbie
    0/47

Many Thanks for all your help

4. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    FSD mostly fetches Title Updates from XBUC and the reason you don't see it in FSD is most likely due to the web address change by XBUC in which Title Update searches are directed to. Or they simply don't have a compatible Title Update for your game.

Another way is to manually install your Title Updates but first you need to know the Title ID and Media ID of your game then get the correct Title Update.

There are Two main directories in which Title Updates are installed to and if one doesn't work, Try the other.

Title Update folder structure:

(Example) Hdd1 \ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ Game Title ID \ 000B0000 \ Title Update File.

or

(Example) Hdd1 \ Cache \ Title Update File.

5. Ze

ZettaInverse Newbie
    0/47

Got a small issue here. The game starts just fine, but in the middle of the opening cutscene it starts lagging and eventually freezes. Running from an External Hard Drive. Help?

6. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Are you sure you're running it from an External Hard Drive? Only time it lags for me is when playing the game from an Internal Hard Drive.

Perhaps you could try running it from an Internal Hard Drive or a USB Stick or maybe another External Hard Drive.

7. Ha

Haaase Newbie
    0/47

Hi Meteoracp!

Thank your for the instructions. I've looked up Title ID and Media ID with ISO2GOD:

Title ID: 555308B7
    Media ID Disc 1: 1DEB466B
    Media ID Disc 2: 54A95DF1

So I looked it up at xbuc.net (here) and at jqe360.com (here). I've downloaded the ZIP, extracted it and copied the file "tu00000006_00000000" to

1. Hdd1 \ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ 555308B7 \ 000B0000 \ tu00000006_00000000
    2. Hdd1 \ Cache \ tu00000006_00000000
    But none of this works, the "Title Update Manager" didn't recognize the TU#1 and when I start the game via "game.xex" I got the information, that the game needs an update.

I don't know what's wrong ... :)

Torben

8. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If you've done it correctly, It will show you in FSD, Once there check if its enabled by pressing the A button.
    An activated Title Update has a slight highlight to it.

Another way to know if a Title Update is activated is by using the latest version of FSD and once the game is loaded, Press the guide button on your controller and it will display the game information at the bottom of the screen as well as the TU Version used.

9. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i got the same problem :( gonna try using my 32gb usb stick, hope i only need it to get past the opening scene and not for the whole game though

10. Ha

Haaase Newbie
    0/47

Yeah, I think I've done everything correctly, but FSD didn't show the TU#1, don't know why.
    And I've pressed the Guide button after the game was loaded, but can't find any information about the game or the TU. Where should it be? FSD version is 3.0b Rev775

Thank you!

11. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I don't use Title Updates for most games unless i need to especially this game so i can't really help much in this area however, I urge you to do some trial and error with different files and see if you're successful. For all you know it could be a corrupted Title Update file so re-download it, maybe it'll work.

FSD 3 rev 775 is the right version that displays game information during in-game so like i said, once you've loaded the game, Press the guide button (Big Xbox logo button in the middle of your Controller) it'll bring up the normal menu as well as a long bar right at the Bottom of the screen with the game info you seek.

12. Ha

Haaase Newbie
    0/47

Thank you. Maybe I can't see the game information via the Guide button because of the overscan. :)

13. ma

macnonano Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    if anybody gets the dreaded 'unreadable disc' message, make sure everything copied over. i forgot to copy the installation 1 'worlds' folder in my haste to play this game. works fine now...

14. as

asho721 Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    hi i want to use it without ruining xex every time will it work if i use iso2god?

15. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think you meant "running" instead of "ruining" but anyways, It depends because some users are successfully playing the game in GOD Format. I've tried a few times but wasn't able to get it working with GOD Format which could be a slight mistake on my end as i seldom convert an extracted game to GOD Format.

However an unmodified iso almost always plays fine when converted to GOD Format but some games need to be extracted and files need to be modified in order to play the game.

16. Talyn

Talyn Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank U.
    Like the way you explain this, clean and simple.

17. boaboa

boaboa Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the awesome tutorial. Worked like a charm. Hats off.

18. jochemdu

jochemdu Honored Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Excellent worked! Installed to internal HDD (slim) and no hickup during opening movie.

19. Ti

TiHKaL Newbie
    0/47

The game works for me using game.xex to launch. Converting to ISO then to GOD does not.

To make it easy to launch the game from FSD/NXE I used Quickboot 2.1 to create a shortcut to game.xex

Add a 64x64 pixel Watch Dogs icon image, copy to /Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000/ and it's all good.

20. Met

Met Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You might want to try Shortcut360, It's an alternative to Quickboot which is newer and slightly easier to use.