To Un-flash, and Re-flash or Not to Un-flash?

Talyn Oct 31, 2013

1. isnemid

isnemid Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Maybe u could try swaping the drive's board, its more easy then switching lasers.

2. Talyn

Talyn Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Can't do that, I tried to do the RGH2 and fried the MB, that's why I got this second one, lol.

3. Talyn

Talyn Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok, I've hook up JungleFlasher and found some information on this drive.
    Firmware Osig: [PBDS VAD6038 0442]
    Firmware is: LT-Plus 3.0
    And it gave me its Drive Key, (someone told me once never to post it, not sure if thats true but...)

What I don't understand is, It already is LT Plus 3.0??!! So what could be the problem? Is it because the system itself is banned? Should I just format the entire hard drive? (He did leave some good games, but I think I can save some)

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be MOST grateful!! And "THANKS" to everyone that has helped along the way so far, I'm starting to walk away from being a noob, lol.

4. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    just swap the laser over to one that you know that fully works or even buy abrand new one its obviously the laser how old is the console if its never had the laser changed and its gettin on a bit this will be the solution trust me ive had this issue so many times with peoples 360s .

5. isnemid

isnemid Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Its far more easy then replacing the laser.
    Maybe u could clean it with alcohol.
    Never use cleaningdisks!!!

6. Talyn

Talyn Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I hear ya, but can I ask you...Why? What (bad things) does a cleaning disk do against xbox? (just wondering)

You know as a new update to things, I've swapped out the laser (granted with my first xbox) and I did the Pot Tweeking thing to it, go it set around 3.2 to 3.4 (don't remember exactly, but know I have it in this range).
    I also flashed it back to stock firmware and then reflashed it myself to LT 3.0 AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!
    Can't play the newer games. Does this mean I will have to reburn, say Ghost, with the Topology that's going around now?

Also J4Y, I think I will take your advice and just replace the laser just to be on the save side anyway. That sounds like a good ideal. I know how to do that too.
    May I also ask one more question? I see people replacing motherboards to xbox systems, would that "un-ban" a console? Wondering.

Also to All...THANK YOU!

7. isnemid

isnemid Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    These disks can pick up dirt and because off speed acting like sandpaper.

Motherboard replacement is like a new xbox, makes no sense to do, just buy a new one.
    Only offline banned, can be unbanned.