Titanfall Xbox 360 is a "first class experience", no stats transfer to Xbox One

Rocky Mar 11, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Mystery continues to swirl around the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall, in development at Bluepoint Games with Respawn's input. The last gen version of the game will launch on 25th and 28th March in North America and Europe respectively, and is, we're told, "coming along really well" despite a total absence of publicity.

Informed sources opine (well, I do) that this is a marketing gambit, designed to give maximum exposure to the Xbox One version and hence buck up sales of the new console. Whatever the truth of the matter, Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi has promised that the Xbox 360 version won't be any the worse for showing up late.

"I think we struck the right balance - it was Respawn, really, and the developer who struck the balance - which is, it will play great on Xbox 360," he commented during an interview with Polygon. "Believe me, we are thrilled about it. Xbox 360 is in, obviously, all the markets including the top 13 with Xbox One; we're in 48-plus markets for [Xbox 360]. For many markets, that will be the game. So, we've worked together to have that be a first-class experience."

So far, so inoffensive, but Mehdi also suggested that the last gen version might lack certain of the Xbox One version's features. "At the same time, on Xbox One you can get some of those extra features that set it apart, and there will be people who want to do that, and there will be enough encouragement to go - but it will be a great experience on Xbox 360."

It's hard to know how to read that quote - are the "extra features" in question those of the Xbox One, or those of the Xbox One version of Titanfall? I'm hoping it's the former. If you're thinking of buying the Xbox 360 version first, then plumping for an Xbox One with Titanfall at a later date, bear in mind that stats won't transfer between versions.

Source - OXM

2. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    That's crap that's the stats won't go with.

3. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    well they don't won't the same problem ghost had.

4. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    why would anyone think they would, its basically 2 different games made by two different companies on two different consoles and on different servers, so no chance why would they lol

5. Ch

Chug42000 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I love how all the people poor broke and barely able to afford a $60 game are mad allover the internet that they have to wait until the 25th for the game.And IM GLAD that xbox one got it released first,And I hope they keep releasing games in the same manner!Xbox one users invested a chunk of money and I hope we keep gettin priority!!! If anyone doesnt like it,You cant be mad at us for being able to afford the latest and greatest.