The Caesar Jun 7, 2017

1. The Caesar

The Caesar
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator Lifetime Gold
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    Sonic Forces, the second of two Sonic the Hedgehog games coming out this year, is set for release this Christmas.

SEGA has teased us with a song from the soundtrack today, and I have to say, it’s rather jazzy.

Since it was first announced, I’ve been on the fence with what I think about Sonic Forces overall.

We all know that truly modernised, 3D Sonic games don’t have the best track record. But something about this one makes me want to give it a chance; it is Sonic after all.

[​IMG]

However, having just listened to Park Avenue, a track from the official soundtrack released today by Sega, it’s reaffirmed to me that maybe, just maybe, Sonic Forces will be the modern Sonic game we all deserve.

Just give it a listen and see what you think:

It’s perfect, right?

It’s entirely over the top and cheesy as hell, sure, but that completely fits the tone of Sonic.

The lyric parts are a little naff, granted, but at around the 0.33 mark, the music really kicks up, and it’s brilliant!

It’s got that unmistakable feel of a 90’s platformer to it, with points of the track almost feeling like a modernised tune from the original game.

Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself a little – it’s ‘just a song’ after all, but along with some pretty awesome gameplay videos released in the last couple of months, maybe Sega have learned from years of mistakes and will finally give us the 21st century Sonic game we’ve been waiting for.

Source: Gamespew.com