Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The Simpsons gets a Minecraft intro, but Notch doesn't know what to make of it

ADDZ Apr 8, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

The Simpsons gets a Minecraft intro, but Notch doesn't know what to make of it

Cheer up mate, it's something to be proud of

Imagine what it would be like to see something you were a part of feature in The Simpsons.

You can give the tired old "it hasn't been funny since the 1930s" argument some people drag out about the show, but the fact remains it's still potentially the most culturally significant TV show of all time.

Over its 25 year history anybody who's anybody has either starred in The Simpsons or been referenced in it. If you end up in The Simpsons, you can be safe in the knowledge you've been immortalised forever.

So imagine how excited Markus 'Notch' Persson must have felt when he discovered that his creation, Minecraft, hadn't simply been referenced but had instead been the basis for an entire intro sequence, complete with couch gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlKN02G-go

Um, it turns out the answer is 'not that excited'.

"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it," Persson dryly tweeted. "I still feel a bit like it's just this small game I made at home. It's so weird to have all these things happen."

We'll tell you how to feel about it, Notch. Feel delighted, then run next door to your neighbour's house and tell them about it so they feel jealous.

Source: CVG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.