The Rarest and most Valuable Xbox 360 Games

Rocky Mar 14, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

The Xbox brand has always been associated with green, but we don't think Microsoft had this kind of green in mind. Last week we discussed the most valuable PS3 games, so this week we're talking Xbox. The games on this list are the rarest of the rare; getting your hands on one will take a lot of moolah. However, all of them are also pieces of a generation that's about to end, so perhaps the sentimental value will eliminate any buyer's remorse.

If you're lucky enough to already own one of these jewels, then you may want to think about the potential financial gain. The holidays are just around the corner, after all; nothing like a quick boost to the wallet to help buy your favorite person whatever he or she desires. Take a look and decide for yourself.

Crash of the Titans
    Mint: $100
    Used: $21

Crash Bandicoot has it rough these days. After reaching near-official mascot levels of popularity on the original PlayStation, gamers all but forgot he existed during the subsequent console generations. Across the board, recent efforts starring the orange marsupial have crashed and burned--but somehow, the Xbox 360 version of this 2007 platformer managed to retain a shred of dignity through increased pricing. Maybe it’s the fact that you could hijack and ride on the backs of mighty beasts--or maybe it’s that, at the time, nobody thought to buy a 360 game starring a not-so-gracefully-aging platformer.

[​IMG]

Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
    Mint: $120
    Used: $75

Unlike Crash, Spyro has seen great success as of late, with the Skylanders franchise a resounding hit amongst children and children-at-heart. But we have difficulty believing that demand alone could fuel the price increase of 2008’s Dawn of the Dragon. A possible explanation for the inflated price would be the timing of its release: 2008 was also the year that publisher Sierra Entertainment shuttered, making this the last game they ever put out. It’s too bad that the swan song for this legendary PC developer ended being an unexceptional platformer starring a PS1 hero.

[​IMG]

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition
    New: $140
    Used: $48

Normally a seven-year-old action game starring Marvel superheroes wouldn't be so valuable, but the Gold Edition of Marvel Ultimate Alliance holds a pretty valuable bonus: the game's only DLC characters are on-disc, and they have since been removed from the Xbox Live Marketplace due to licensing issues. If you haven't downloaded the characters already, this Gold Edition is the only way to do so. Now the $140 price tag makes sense. If you were a fan of the game and want to play through it again with new characters, perhaps the Gold Edition is worth some consideration.

[​IMG]

Record of Agarest War Limited Edition
    Sealed: $140
    Open: $80

If you've ever wanted to make any of the female leads in this tactical JRPG into your new waifu, this collector's edition is probably your best bet. It starts with the packaging, which, straight-up, has two half-naked anime girls staring at you. Inside, you'll find the game, a pillowcase (not body pillow-sized, strangely) of heroine Ellis, the soundtrack, and a "Sensual 3D Vira-Lorr mouse pad." What does that mean? It means that every time you’re at your computer, your wrist will be supported by soft, supple padding formed in the shape of Vira-Lorr's breasts. GamesRadar's own Henry Gilbert has one smack dab on his work desk, and swears it's the most comfortable mouse pad money can buy.

[​IMG]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
    Sealed: $210
    Open: $95

This is one of the most recognizable collector's editions out there, thanks in part to the pro bono modeling work done by rapper Ice-T. The Prestige Edition's headliner is a pair of fully functioning night vision goggles, as well as a creepy plastic mannequin head to mount them on (dubbed "the collector's stand"). You'll also get the game in steel case, an art book (because Modern Warfare 2 fans also appreciate professional illustrations), and a download code for the first Call of Duty--because who doesn't want to play a WWII shooter from 2003? If all you want is the spiffy goggles, make sure you buy the PS3 version of the bundle--as of now, it's $80 cheaper than its 360 counterpart.

[​IMG]

Tales of Vesperia: Special Edition
    Sealed: $225
    Open: $120

Curious what wonders await you in the Tales of Vesperia Special Edition, in exchange for your precious $225? The game, its soundtrack, and…that's about it. This is about as sparse as collector's editions get--though admittedly, we're glossing over the steel case and the fact that there's art in the manual (which is played up to the point that we wonder if the base version's manual does not). But those aren't really things you can proudly flaunt to the world in a righteous display of fandom. Given that the standard 360 version goes for a mere $25, it's probably a wiser use of your money to join the plastic-cased, soundtrack-less lower class of Tales of Vesperia owners.

[​IMG]

Bayonetta Climax Edition
    Sealed: ???
    Open: $246

Do us a favor. Fly us to the moon and let us play among the stars, if that's not too much to ask. In typical Bayonetta fashion, this collector's edition goes straight for the innuendo, befitting of the foxy leading witch. The extras here are undoubtedly sexy, with a big incentive for pre-orders: a replica of one of Bayonetta's Scarborough Fair pistols (even if the paintjob is reportedly subpar). The other pack-ins include an art book and the soundtrack, with a magical lock of jet black hair sadly omitted. Versions with the prop pistol were only available in Australia and New Zealand, essentially making them the collector's edition of a collector's edition.

[​IMG]

Halo 3 Legendary Edition
    Sealed: $250
    Open: $43

Remember when everyone saw the Master Chief Mark VI helmet that came in this collector's edition and went bananas? Then you opened it up, realized that it would never fit on a human head, and threw it to the ground, cursing that it had no right to be a helmet. Despite being the source of so much bitter disappointment, this collector's edition is still worth a hefty sum. In addition to the faux headgear, you also get a fancy stand and a bonus DVD, with all the cinematics from the previous games linked into one mega-cutscene.

[​IMG]

BioShock Limited Edition
    Sealed: $650
    Open: $180

Somewhere, beyond the sea, an auctioneer stands in golden sands, gleeful at the exorbitant prices he or she can charge you for this 2007 rarity. By the time it came out, the BioShock hype train had built up full steam, and this limited edition gave collectors exactly what they wanted: a hefty, hand-finished Big Daddy figurine. Once you were done gawking at the resin behemoth, you could also enjoy a making-of DVD and a three-track, 1950s-meets-Moby-remixes EP. Make sure you do your research before you buy--there seem to be quite a few special edition BioShock bundles floating around, each with slightly different content. Alternatively, you could just buy one of the similarly pricey NECA toys and call it a day.

[​IMG]

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Collector's Edition
    Sealed: $650
    Open: $250

The Kingdoms of Amalur Collector's Edition has two things going for it: first only 700 were made total across all platforms, so owning it will put you in a specific club, and second there will never be a reprint or a reissue of this due to the total collapse of 38 Studios. With the fate of the Amalur IP about to be decided in an auction, we're not sure the original game will be re-released at all let alone this Collector's Edition with the awesome tree-swinging troll. If you loved Amalur and want to remember it fondly, and you have some disposable money you won't miss, check this out.

[​IMG]

Fallout 3 Limited Edition
    Sealed: $700
    Open: $210

In your face, GameStop! Amazon gut-punched all those brick-and-mortar game stores with this exclusive bundle for Bethesda's apocalyptic open-world RPG. And, as collector's editions go, this was probably one of the most generous. Besides the game disc, you got an art booklet, a making-of DVD, a classy lunchbox to store your rations, and a bobblehead of Fallout's de facto mascot, Vault Boy. But the piece de resistance was a life-size Pip-Boy 3000, the arm-mounted computer that acts as your savior through much of the game. Only, in the real world, it's a boring old alarm clock that won't fit comfortably on your arm or help you nail headshots. Dang.

[​IMG]

Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition
    Sealed: $1,000
    Open: $750

For that kind of money, you'd expect a life-sized Necromorph statue to come with this Ultra Limited Edition II Turbo. But, given the box-set-sized package, you might be in for a disappointment. If you've always wanted a full view of Isaac Clarke's severed hand without all the clutter, this is the version of the original Dead Space for you. Packed in with the sci-fi survival horror game are a 160-page graphic novel, the Downfall animated movie on DVD, two signed lithographs, an art book, and a USG Ishimura patch that you can stitch onto your ratty laptop bag. With only 1,000 made, it's no wonder they'll cost you an arm and a limb.

[​IMG]

Source - gamesradar

2. Te

Terrorist Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is actually amazing, great find!

3. Ro

Rocky Guest

Yeah its a canny list, I had the Halo 3 Legendary Edition but mine was open shame I don't have it now ;)

4. gameroms

gameroms XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Great Post, I like reading about stuff like this.

5. Aqzea

Aqzea Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    the MW2 Edition Looks Awesome

6. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i have the MW2 one and the halo one

7. Bo

BooBooKitty Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hmm i can't see why crash and spyro would be worth that much, i've played both and they are good but no way as good as the PS1 versions which i know are worth a fair bit

one game that has held its value is the simpsons game

also could anyone link me to the PS3 one, im intrested in seeing that too

8. seattlegr18

seattlegr18 Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have Record of the Agarest War, and Ultimate Alliance Gold. I have over 80 games in my collection....I play every single one of them.
    I never realized they'd be worth anything.....even used.

9. Xatoku

Xatoku Good News Everyone! Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    :CRIES:
    I OWNED DEADSPACE LIMITED EDITION BUT SOLD IT TO EBGAMES FOR $20 :/

10. Tthizzle88

Tthizzle88 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I use to have the Crash of the Titans on PSP :(

11. Cl

Clafty Newbie
    0/47

I wouldve never thought games could go for these kind of prices....

12. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    you should see how much some NES games sell for lol ridiculous amounts like 50,000