Tags:

The Future Of The Xbox One

Bullet Feb 9, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Its no secret that the Playstation 4 has emerged on top in the Next Gen console war so far and theres many reasons for that which I will go into later, but whats in store for the Xbox One for the future?

If the Xbox One is to make any sort of comeback then there will need to be some changes that will leave early adopters of Microsoft's Next Gen console out of pocket and angry.

The first major thing that will need to happen is a bundle without the Kinect which will lower the price of the console by a whopping $100 and bringing it the same price bracket as the PS4.
    Will MS ditch the Kinect? Well the whole console is kind of built around the Kinect functions, the hand and voice gestures which make navigating its clumsy dashboard a little easier. Is it 100% necessary? Actually no it isn't at all necessary and could easily be replaced by Smartglass which is a much cheaper alternative to the Kinect.

Of course I can imagine that MS would much rather ditch the Blueray player in favor of the Kinect to try and bring build costs down and along with it retail cost of the machine, however this isn't an ideal scenario.

So lets imagine for a minute that MS decide to ship the Xbox One without a Kinect and lower the price to compete with Sony's next gen console, will that be enough to win back gamers? No....

There is still the issue with the machines power and lower resolution which is an important factor to any gamer. So will there be hardware changes to improve the power output of the machine, if so that means early adopters of the Xbox One will be left with almost worthless machines.

I don't know what the future holds for the Xbox One, all I do know for certain is that something needs to change before the gap becomes too big in the console war.

I would be interested to hear your opinions on what you think needs to be changed or will change below:

This post has been promoted to an article

2. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    To be able to Access your Storage and Mod :D

3. no

nobody1148 i like rocks Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    i want them to fix the dashboard make it easy its so hard to invite some one to a game and other stuff i think they need alot of work.

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

That is coming in an update soon.

5. GConwell

GConwell Ain't No Picnic Lifetime Gold
    125/188

DJ
    Home Page:
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    im thinking of getting xbox one real soon but will probly look for 2nd hand that price is ridiculous still

6. no

nobody1148 i like rocks Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    how are they going to do this? you think its going to look the same? as in dashboard

7. ky

kylethehamilton Newbie
    0/47

I got a Playstation 4 and a Xbox One at launch and I like my Xbox more.

8. Bu

Bullet Guest

Rebellion Games have revealled that Microsoft are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortable running at 1080p on Xbox One as well ;)

9. IH

IH8UALL Guest

I just got a One and a PS4. Still checking both out atm. Leaning towards the One though.

10. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Don't know where to start on this I played the console almost a month early in october and loved it coudn't wait to get my hands on it on launch date which I did do and regreted it almsot since.

Yeah launch day was a buzz and I got Dr3 which lasted me a while but after that it's the same old console.

There's so many problems with it like my console now takes about 5 mins to boot anything my 360 is faster and thats like 4years old...

The main problems are the games and the softwhere, there ain't any which I can't get on the 360 right now for free and most of them are still being devolped for the 360 why pay 50quid for a game when it's the exact same on the 360.

As for the softwhere side of it's missing so much stuff it mainly a 450quid brick to me right now then a gaming console.

No party chat to 360, you can't play cross server or consoles with 360 which I'm sure sony is working on for the ps4 and ps3.

And the storage side of things there aint any 500GB won't last long at all compared to a upgraded PS4 running a 2TB.

IMO M$ need to step there game up with there console I've been with M$ since the orignal xbox and loved there consoles but this one takes the p!$$

11. Dylandy05

Dylandy05 The Blue Waffle Power Ranger Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    ive got the xbox one could be alot better but i knew before i bought it woudnt be made for playing games they need to add more games thought but im getting the ps4 in june well see if they can do some damage control by then i dont regret getting the console but they need to rethink there policy

12. MrDack

MrDack All work, no play. Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I haven't been a fan of Sony since I first got my hands on the original Xbox. It's mainly the controller that made me switch sides. The PS controller feels like a toy where Xbox feels like I'm actually holding something of value.
    The features of xbox have always been better IMO.
    I think after some time passes the X1 will out shine the PS4 by far(just like in the past with the two companies)

As for comparing the sales between the two there's a few things people don't factor in..
    The PS4 came out first, is cheaper and is sold in more regions around the world. Of course it's sold more units..

13. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    since kinect costs almost as much as console to create they should ditch it and sell the X1 for 350-400.

14. GConwell

GConwell Ain't No Picnic Lifetime Gold
    125/188

DJ
    Home Page:
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    good to know this didnt think one could play in 1080p

15. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    I don't think X1 will ever be on same level or better then PS4, Sony as built a beast, only way m$ can beat PS4 now is release X2

16. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have both and like both but my X1 for me is better .

Once the new sdk is released in march which will sove alot of developer issues with the esram etc games will be developed that will run much better.

As a PC enthusiast and love my hardware and building machines I know the gPU in the X1 is capable what is its downfall is its transition between the DDR3 and ESRAM :( microsoft would have been better off doing a mixed memory like pc (DDR3 for OS system CPU and GDDR5 for GPU ! this would have addressed the multitasking and allowed the OS to run as it does and all its facilities and apps etc and kept the graphics running at high resolution and FPS without issues.)

Lets see what happens in 12 months :) remember financially microsoft is secure but sony are still struggling and have already restructure once before and have now done it again.

17. DontBeHaydenn

DontBeHaydenn Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think its gonna become better later in the years, just like the xbox 360 it started out kinda bad but it became a very good console at the end.