The 5 Best Switch Exclusives Out Now

Grizzy Nov 15, 2017

1. Grizzy

Grizzy
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator
    5/47

[​IMG]
    These games are the reason why the Switch is selling like hotcakes right now.

Super Mario Odyssey

[​IMG]

A Nintendo-exclusive game list wouldn't be complete without a Mario game, and I am so grateful and amazed that I am able to say that 32 years after the first Mario game debuted. Nintendo has mastered the unique platformer goodness that is a Mario game, and their newest Switch offering lives up the absurdly high standards of this illustrious franchise.

Check it out if you like an experience packed with adventure, whimsy, and wonder that pays homage to the entire Mario saga.

Pass on it if you need online multiplayer, or were expecting the next Mario iteration to be an even larger leap forward; like holographic VR or something.

Splatoon 2

[​IMG]

With Splatoon 2, Nintendo has further honed its unique and stylish 3rd-person shooter, and it's more of a blast than ever. Nintendo shows us that online shooters don’t have to be tilted, toxic, rage-fests, or stuffed with pay-to-play gimmicks. This game is bright, colorful, a little repetitive and grindy at times, but a lot of fun!

Check it out if you like J-pop aesthetic, bright colors, and light hearted competitive blasting -- on your own, or with friends!

Pass on it if you’re a shooter purist, are easily frustrated by matchmaking and voice-chat systems, or are red-green colorblind.

Golf Story

[​IMG]

Golf Story Is the underdog of this list just like the story it tells -- and a very good story in fact, which is why it made this list. It’s primarily a golf game with RPG elements, however it is presented in such a zany yet easy-to-play way that it’s strangely compelling. You play as a struggling young golfer who is clearly talented, but nobody believes in him. It’s up to you to rise through the ranks in this arcady, charming, and ultimately rewarding Nintendo exclusive.

Check it out if you like Caddyshack, Happy Gilmore, J-RPGs, Sports games with stories.

Pass on it if the great story/script isn’t enough to justify the golfing elements of the game.

Arms

[​IMG]

In Arms, you use your character’s arms, which are in this case extremely long and slinky-like, to battle with your opponent! This type of game defines next-gen Nintendo for me: it’s a reinvention of a common video game archetype (in this case a competitive sports game) in an approachable and immediately gratifying way. Arms reminds me of the fun I had when I first tried out the Wii-Sports games; it’s silly, it’s over the top, but it’s also a fully developed game that’s a blast to play.

Check it out if you liked Wii-Sports and sports games that are a little over the top.

Pass on it if you like single player campaigns, traditional sports games.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

[​IMG]

A quintessential launch game. Gorgeous to look at, perfected, polished gameplay, and the next chapter in an amazing story that spans generations of gamers.

One of the best parts about this game is that it truly is open-world. You can get to anything and everything you can see, and there aren’t invisible walls or impossibly steep mountains blocking your exploration -- a problem that ironically plagues most so called “open-world” games.

Check it out if you own a Switch.

Pass on it until you immediately go to the store and buy a Switch.

Let me know what you guys think of this list and if I missed any games that are definitely in your top 5!

2. hey b0ss

hey b0ss Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    i dont need it...i dont need it.. i dont need it... I NNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDD IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!1