Not open for further replies.

Take-Two planning more Red Dead, BioShock games

NaCLy AF May 30, 2014

1. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has said the company plans to release another Red Dead game, and has suggested that a new entry in the BioShock series also appears likely.

Unlike many of its competitors, Take-Two has opted not to annualise its biggest franchises like Grand Theft Auto, leading to lengthy gaps between the release of new series entries.

Asked about this "selective" approach during an analyst conference this week, Zelnick said: "The risk of just [releasing more games] is that you end up just bulking up your release schedule and that isn't really what consumers want. Consumers want better, not more."

He went on to label Red Dead as one of the publisher's permanent franchises, GameSpot reports, perhaps suggesting that a sequel to 2010's Red Dead Redemption is being worked on behind closed doors.

"It's obvious that GTA is a permanent franchise as long as we keep delivering this incredible quality; it seems quite obvious that Red Dead is a permanent franchise, again with the same caveat, or Borderlands, for example, and NBA and others.

"But not everything is going to be a permanent franchise. We can do very well even if it's not. I would like to see us grow with a couple more great franchises in the next couple years and we're launching Evolve; we have very high hopes for that."

Zelnick was also asked about the future of BioShock. The last entry in the series, 2013's BioShock Infinite, was the final title created by series creator Irrational Games, which closed its doors in February.

"We haven't given any colour on how you should think about it yet except we do believe it's beloved; we think it's important [and] certainly something that we're focused on; something 2K Marin will be responsible for shepherding going forward," Zelnick said.

"I don't want to say much else except to agree with you. I think there's a lot of upside in that franchise. It hasn't necessarily been realized yet. And the question for the future, assuming we decide to answer the question, would be 'how do you stay true to that creatively?' 'How do you do something exciting?' 'How do you do expand the market?' That would be the natural drill.

"We're starting from a good point on it. And certainly it's been a great piece of business for us; it's been a profitable piece of business."

Source: CVG

2. Slingblade1170

Slingblade1170 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    I'm down for those 2 games. Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption both were great along with all 3 Bioshocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.