Such Language. Such Many. Such Wow.

Iamcoolz Nov 28, 2014

1. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    [SIZE=10.5pt]For those of you interested in learning programming, and even mark-up languages such as HTML, this is a sheet and review that is my own opinion on them and also is by definition what they are. This will assist you to see which one to learn first depending on what you're trying to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]HTML - HyperText Markup Language:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]This is the mark-up language that almost EVERY single website is wrote in, and is one of the most popular and easiest languages to learn in my opinion. There are so many resources to learn HTML and so many sites to see regarding it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]XML - Extensible Markup Language: This is in lock with HTML and allows an user to create custom markup types, all the newer versions of HTML, such as HTML 5 use XML to produce a cleaner website with more features. This language isn't as easy to learn as most, but it has its benefits if you plan to ever do web development.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]CSS - Cascading Style Sheets: This is the backbone of HTML, this bad boy right here tells HTML how to present documents, themes, images, text, everything and it's all in one convenient file, so let's say I wanted to edit the text-font on my website, I could go right into CSS and with one word replacement from Times New Roman to Calibiri, bam. Changed. Amazing.[/SIZE]

C: An extremely popular system language, it is used throughout the gaming industry and application programming to bring about fast as hell programming. It is simple, its syntax matches several other languages, and is the one to use if you ever plan on doing any system programming.

C++: Oh boy, C++, this is basically a mark-up in my opinion from C. C++ is the most common game programming language known to man, as it is roughly 90% or so backwards compatible with several programs. However, C++ is extremely more complex than C, and most developers will start out learning C first and then make their way to C++, it's extremely hard to just dive right in and learn it, however if you learn this and master it, you can count yourself on getting a job anywhere where programming is mentioned, this is the top of the line programming language and proves to most jobs that you know your stuff.

C#: Typical Microsoft, this is a C copy developed by Microsoft to match the .Net framework, thus making an issue, this particular language will only work with Microsoft supported applications and programs thus causing issues with developers who plan to develop multi-platform.

Java: This is another language somewhat similar to C and C++, however, much simpler, and can be used widely, and is on the rise as we speak as one of the top languages to learn. Java is easy to learn, on the note that you have some programming language under your belt, my personally preference was I went from to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and then to Java. The issue with Java is, it is slower when compiled thus giving an headache to developers who want it compiled then and now.

Javascript: This is the scripting language that is used by the web, and was designed for the web. However like most people think, it has NO connection with Java at all. Javascript is usually used by browsers to interpret standalone programs.

Visual Basic: This is honestly probably one of the most widely used programming languages on XPG, as it is rather simple to learn thanks to resources, and the fact that it has a user friendly GUI to make it that much easier. However, like most developers on here would say, it has it's issues, the most important one is that it is only supported by Microsoft Applications, mostly affects the operating system, you couldn't take a Visual Basic program and go and try and run it on Linux natively, or Mac. Luckily for Microsoft this is a language of choice for many beginner programmers, as like I said above due to its user friendly GUI, it turns your grandmother from grandmother into grandmotherprogrammer.

PHP: is what by everyone calls it, it is a server-side scripting language made for web development. The beauty of PHP is that it allows database connections, thus allowing sites to be able to do server-to-server connections, thus allowing magical things. PHP is a MUST if you plan to go into Web Development, it is a monster language and will probably be one of the best if not the best now languages of all time for the Web.

Python: Python was my VERY first language to learn and my goodness it is one of the most fun programming languages to learn in my opinion. Within a week you can basically learn the in's and out's of it. Thus giving you confidence, thus giving you women, and then giving you a degree in Python which then allows you to make some damn good money, Python developers for a specific job, can make up to $120,000 a year and if you're European which is 95% of this forum it equates to 96,299 a year. Python is in my opinion one of the most growing languages in the world.

Thanks for reading! Any questions? Feel free to ask.

P.S. I am aware there is more programming languages, but these are the major ones you will see, and you will probably see I left out ASP programming, I personally find it useless and a waste of time thus I haven't learned any of it.

2. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    HTML, CSS, and JavaScript = A developer's golden tools.
    That's all I used when developing and am a master at all three ;)
    But I have no clue about any of that other stuff :LOL:

3. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Fixed :p