Star Wars Battlefront 3 Release Date, PS4, Xbox One, PC Update: New Game Set For 2015 Release

Bullet Aug 4, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 the game and the upcoming film, Star Wars: Episode VII are the two most anticipated releases for Star Wars fans, both of which are to be released in the later part of 2015. Electronic Arts (EA) has confirmed that 'Star Wars: Battlefront 3' is slated for a Summer 2015 release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

EA Games Executive V.P. Patrick Soderland, has stated that the upcoming game will not be linked with the new Star Wars movie. "What we're building is more rooted in the traditional Star Wars universe and not so much necessarily linked to the movies being made." said Soderland in a recent interview, and continued "we wanted to make a game that celebrated the history of Star Wars," adding, "Obviously there will be things in there that are somewhat tied to the new movie. I wouldn't say that we have a particular tie to the movie. Now, obviously we would prefer to be close to the movie, but I wouldn't say that we're directly tied to it."

So far there is no mention of Battlefront 3 releases for Xbox 360 and PS3 so this game is looking to be a next gen only release which will please Star Wars fans with next gen consoles, and disappoint those that have not yet made the leap.

Lets us know below if you are please that Star Wars: Battlefront 3, next gen only or would you have preferred it was cross gen, and are you pleased the film and game will not be tied in?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I loved Battlefront 2, this game will be great :D

3. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    105/188

Console:
    Other
    I loved Battlefield 1 and 2, Can't wait for this one to be released.