Splatterhouse Remastered

shadow1113 Mar 17, 2013

1. sh

shadow1113 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is a upgrade/rebalance/restoration mod to the 2010 version of Splatterhouse for the Xbox 360. Implementing it is pretty straightforward:
    -Firstly, remove all survival arena DLC. These are now included in here and worked back into the game, and having them alongside exisitng files tends to screw up things when it detects files in both locations.
    -In the main data folder you should see a file titled "filedb.bin". Delete this one, or any new files will not work.
    -Then just simply drag and drop this data folder onto the game's data folder and let it replace any files as needed.

The changelog goes into further detail, but here's what's different in a nutshell:
    -Many bug fixes and oversights fixed.
    -Several photographs restored, with related crate drops added to the restored DLC survival arenas.
    -Much audio put back into the game, primarily in levels 2-2 (The Meat Factory), 4-1 (Scream Park) and 4-2 (Reflections in Blood)
    -Two weapons added to various survival arena lineups: Mirror Rick's arm and Experiment 765's Neckpin.
    -The introduction area of 4-2 restored, with a new fight to deal with before you hit the main rollercoaster area.
    -The PS3 mask...sorta (see known issues).
    -Many enemy attacks and abilities restored, including a whole repitoire for the Aegis and Zombie Clowns

Known issues:
    -The PS3 mask currently loads fine but with no texture. Even though it's using DDS format for some reason it doesn't load the texture in game...once I conquer the nif file's format, I should be able to fix this.
    -Currently a fake "wall" can be seen once approaching the rollercoaster in 4-2. This is another matter of having to edit the nif files for this location, as the door from the restored area was originally cut & pasted over this area when they shipped the game.
    -In 4-2's new bumper cart area, you can run through one of the posts. Havok related issue, will be fixed when I can tackle this aspect.

http://randomselect.piiym.net/shsworkfiles/SplatterhouseRemastered.rar

I can get more done with feedback, so please offer suggestions and info where you can there's still plenty to fix up in this and it's really just an early test version for now. While I can handle most of the formats, converting the hkx (havok) files to PC format is a pain in the keester I haven't fully mastered, there's the issue of this version of nif being unique and not covered by niftools or related, and wwise's soundbank format leaving out a lot of unimplemented audio I'd love to be able to restore somehow.

Well everything starts somewhere I guess.

2. sh

shadow1113 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update time. Here's a complete change list for 2-2 at the moment:
    -General: Restored several leech spawns.
    -CP 1: "Get a lot of this thing/Break it open!" audio replaced with unused "Door number 1" audio. Both lines are used elsewhere in the game.
    -CP 1: Player is no longer suddenly moved to a different spot during "The Corrupted" cam view. Results in better dynamic, player not "blinking" out of existence for a moment.
    -CP 1: Player is no longer suddenly moved to a different spot after clearing out Faceless room.
    -CP 1: Restored forcedwalk state, moved related dialogue to here.
    -CP 1: Restored "I don't think these guys are friendly" dialogue.
    -CP 2: Fixed "Fecal Leaking, what's this now?" audio.
    -CP 2: Restored original Brute intro dialogue.
    -CP 2: Restored crawling faceless to insides of Biggy scare hallway walls.
    -CP 2: Removed redundant release/load on Faceless enemies. They were put back in memory almost immediately after being removed.
    -CP 2: Mask dialogue for finishing off all 4 chairs has been restored.
    -CP 2: Manual switch for this area restored, rather than automatically feeding them into the machine.
    -CP 3: Restored lead pipe to area prior to Microwaves.
    -CP 3: Replaced "Oh no." line with unused "give up?" line.
    -CP 4: Replaced misplaced Student Zombies with Slaughterhouse variants.
    -CP 5: Biggie scareface restored.
    -CP 5: Game no longer drops a hint about levers. You've interacted with both a lever and a switch by now.
    -CP 5: Player no longer warped to center of room constantly.
    -CP 5: "Who's this prick?" audio moved here.
    -CP 6: "That's the first" audio meant for impalement moved here after first platform.
    -CP 6: "Keep the hell away from those blades" audio moved here at opening.
    -CP 6: Several of Mask's "move move move" comments replaced with Rick's own to prevent repetition as badly.
    -CP 6: Third section now breaks away after a given amount of time.
    -CP 7: Fixed the mask's reactions to kills in this area.

Also fixed up a bug that would happen oddly with 4-1, where if you started from the beginning of the level it wouldn't load entirely right...though in the process I have to re-figure out the barker box's location. Ah well.

Also there is a TON of audio still without a home for 2-2! Here's a breakdown:
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_120_tm_a_play - "Where'd he go?"
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_130_tm_a_play - "C'mon Rick, you need faster hands than that."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_120_tm_c_play - "I don't see him."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_180_tm_play - "Let us show you how a real professional uses one of these beauties."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_070_TM_play - "It's time to find out who's the better killer..."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_160X_tm_play - "I hate to have to do this to a fellow artiste but..." / "You're in my way."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_120_tm_play - "Where'd he go?"
    vox_gbl_lvlXs45_010_TM_j_play - "Soooo, sooo sweet…"
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_080_TM_play - "Stay away from the darkness, that's his territory."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_090_TM_d_play- "Stay out of the shadows."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_090_TM_e_play - Stay where we can see him."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_120_tm_b_play - Where is he?"
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_090_TM_c_play - "Keep to the light."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_090_TM_b_play - "He's out there somewhere.."
    vox_gbl_lvlXs17_060_RB_b_alt2_play - "I hate these things!"
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_140_tm_play - "Where do you think YOU'RE going?"
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_150_tm_play - "Not this time."
    vox_gbl_lvlXs45_010_TM_j_play - "Soooo, sooo sweet…"
    vox_cin_lvl2s72_010_TM_play - "Ah, a fellow professional."
    vox_cin_lvl2s80_110_tm_play - "How the hell does this poor S.O.B. take a piss?"
    vox_gbl_lvlXs03_040_RB_b_play - "You hear that?"

As you can see a lot of what's left revolves around Biggy, and a mechanic he doesn't have. Being able to attack you from the shadows was something they planned but just never put in, so that's something to work with. The other bits are clearly for splatterkills, so it's a matter of working out which one gets which.

Anyway visit the link to get the udpated archive and enjoy.

3. sh

shadow1113 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Sorry for the long delay, needed a hiatus to take a break and finally give this thing a shot on a fresh install to make sure everything worked and...yeah, it didn't, which should be resolved now.

One bug in particular stemmed from a misplaced graphic, as a result the ps3 mask's graphic went into a folder that didn't exist and you couldn't proceed past the mask loading screen. Finally fixed with the update. Also fixed a bug in 2-2 where the game would lock up trying to load the Slaughterhouse zombies, since they're already loaded for the side scrolling area now.