Special Halloween Mod List!

Gr1zzy Oct 28, 2017

1. Gr

Gr1zzy Guest

[​IMG]

Easy Mod List to Turn Fallout 4 into a Horror Game

With Halloween right around the corner I’ve been spookifying a lot of my favorite games with fear enhancing mods! There are tons of great ones for PC games, but I didn't want to leave my fellow console players out, so I chose to highlight Fallout 4 -- and with its two year birthday coming up in just two weeks, this is the perfect way to celebrate.

There are so many to choose from, but here are four great mods that will completely change your Fallout 4 experience. Three of the four are available for PC and Xbox One (and for the one that isn’t on Xbox I’ve provided a really great alternative for you below).

I recommend installing all four mods for the optimal spooky experience. All are relatively easy to run and won't drop your framerates too much -- because if anything isn't spooky it's low FPS.

Pilgrim: Dread of the Commonwealth -

https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23845
    (Vivid Weathers) https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/2006192

This mod really adds a lot! Pilgrim is horror overhaul ENB. An ENB changes post processing effects to make the game look more “enhanced” in a certain way. It basically works like a filter on your phone - and Pilgrim is a spooky-filter. It’s a shame that this mod, and ENBs in general are not available for Xbox one….

(...For my XBONE readers though I'd recommend the Vivid Weathers mod along with the others mentioned here, and maybe crank up the fog effects. Before you know it you’ll be walking through a post-apocalyptic Silent Hill wonderland!...)

All features of Pilgrim are toggleable, and it provides a significant amount of enhancement for a very small framerate drop (dropping only 5-6 fps average and about 10-12 fps in cities on a GTX 970 at 1080p).

Even Dogmeat has been overhauled in Pilgrim: he’s shrouded in gloomy new textures, his eyes glow ominously, and his bark effects have been altered. AND, the developers are working on replacing Dogmeat entirely in future releases with a goat named “Black Phillip”…..Yeah, this mod really goes all out.

Darker Nights

rd.nexusmods.com: Darker Nights
    Bethesda.net

Darker Nights does exactly that. It makes the nights darker. I’ve been using this mod for a while now, and I think it’s pretty much an essential enhancement mod - but it’s also great for making things scarier! This mod really forces you to think twice and plan ahead before venturing into the wastes at night, and it also compliments most other mods as it adds to the overall depth and atmosphere of the game. The degree of darkness can be adjusted (for when you want to crank up the spooky), and there is a newly added 24/7 darkness mode where the sun still rises but it doesn't shine any light - great for when you want to get really poetic with your post-apocalyptic despair.

Enemies can’t see you, and you can’t see them, unless you’re really close, which makes the addition of night vision and thermal vision mods really fun!

D.E.C.A.Y: Better Ghouls -

www.nexusmods.com: D.E.C.A.Y - Better Ghouls at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/2070073

Decay is a feral ghoul enhancement mod that I think is a must-have for a spooky Halloween playthrough because ghouls are the scariest enemy in the game. Their attack animations continue to be one of the most impressive and startling things about Fallout 4 for me. This mod revamps the feral ghoul textures, making them more rotten, more grotesque, more decayed.

Vault 1080 -

rd.nexusmods.com: Vault 1080
    Bethesda.net

This simple list wouldn't be complete without a new spooky quest to go on, and this mod provides exactly that. This quest-mod was actually created by NVIDIA, and it takes you on a journey through a brand new location featuring four new areas and about an hour of extra gameplay. Some of the lighting effects are a bit dated, so maybe install the other mods mentioned after this one and let them overwrite some of the files. But it’s the location and the quest that’s the worthwhile part of this mod!

I hope this simple spooky mod-list enhances your Halloween experience! Let me know in the comments if I missed any scary mods you’d recommend!

2. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Since this is not news or anything to do with news it has been moved the modding section.