Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F EE Wi-Fi Calling Tutorial (Non-EE Branded)

XPGTomo Sep 5, 2016

1. XPGTomo

XPGTomo Member
    10/47

Console:
    Computer
    This post is solely for how to enable Wi-Fi Calling for EE UK (Everything Everywhere), you must be a Pay monthly customer with them as of this moment in order to use Wi-Fi Calling.

Turns out you can get it, you just need the EE Carrier firmware to add Wi-Fi calling to the device.

We found that every time we tried to install the Carrier specific firmware (which is required for Wi-Fi calling) the phone would endlessly loop at the Samsung loading screen.....

Welp, finally I've found the correct files, including firmware, pit file and some md5 files that will actually get the firmware installed and thus enable Wi-Fi calling for you (texts also successfully send over Wi-Fi), using Odin, and get this installed properly, (I take no responsibility if you end up bricking your device).

The firmware is 5.0 Lollipop as I believe it's the latest Carrier firmware from EE, but it will add the Wi-Fi calling option to your phone and I can confirm the Wi-Fi calling does actually work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 6.0.1 Marshmallow Folder provided in this link as well as the files need to get 5.0 Lollipop Wi-Fi Calling (In order to get 6.0.1 you MUST first install 5.0 Lollipop) Files provided in the designated folders.
    Readme is also provided,

Proof provided of evidence that Wi-Fi Calling is working on my non-EE Branded Galaxy S5:

Proof 1 (Screenshot taken by my S5):

Proof 2 (Screenshot taken by my S5):

Dropbox Link:

VIRUSTOTAL:
    UPDATE: I did post it on the EE Community but it got taken down multiple times,
    I then received a PM from a Moderator in relation to my Topics:

I Just want them to realise that people won't pay EE Shop prices for the phone just to get Wi-Fi Calling, it's ridiculous, it's just so they can make more money off people.

Well this will put a stop to that.

XPGTomo,
    NJackman96,
    All for the Community.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. ToxicGas

ToxicGas Certified Developer Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    460/564

Console:
    Computer
    Nice share ;)

3. kido098