Rumor: Future Call of Dutys Will be Developed Natively for PlayStation 4

ADDZ Apr 23, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Rumor: Future Call of Dutys Will be Developed Natively for PlayStation 4

[​IMG]

Generally speaking, multiplatform games are developed first on one platform and then ported to wherever else it is they'll end up. That's part of the reason embarrassments like Skyrim's initial PlayStation 3 release happen. For a while, entries in the Call of Duty franchise have been developed on Microsoft's Xbox 360 and then ported out to PlayStation 3 afterwards, but if what leaker and NeoGAF user Famousmortimer says is true, Activision may be swapping companies in the eighth generation.

In a NeoGAF post discussing whether the Xbox One will continue to see success like it has been, Famousmortimer writes that he "heard that activision is going to make a public announcement about COD changing to the PS4 as lead platform," meaning Call of Duty games would be developed on PlayStation 4 first and ported to Xbox One afterwards.

"I'm not ready to jump on the XB1 is doomed train yet. Titanfall, or really any game, can turn the fortunes, but as of now - yes, good start but valid concerns. The PS4 is above and beyond all projections and publishers are re-calibrating to this. I heard that activision is going to make a public announcement about COD changing to the PS4 as lead platform. I have no idea if this means DLC (I assume MS locked that down for multiple years) but COD was a XBOX 360 game that happened to be on the ps3 last gen. That will be a hugely symbolic move... and don't discount what that means to the masses." — Famousmortimer

I don't know whether this will end up meaning terribly much to the consumers or even if this will end up being true, but it would be interesting to know Activision's (hypothetical) motive here.

Source: NeoGAF

This post has been promoted to an article

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

#4thegamers

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

This was a comment I seen about this and it's spot on:

By WaLuigiYears

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

Its business logic that they are going to follow where the masses lead. So far sales records dictate that PS4 is winning the so called console war.

[​IMG]

Sony Ponies everywhere are neighing at the moon right now....