PSN HACKED: User Loses Everything

Bullet Dec 21, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

PlayStation 4 has been launched nearly worldwide with more launches coming to the countries as the days progress. Seeing a very successful launch, both financially and commercially, PlayStation 4 has been hailed as the most powerful next-gen console, both in terms of demand and performance.
    But everything has its flaws. Sony’s PSN service was under heavy fire and scrutiny when the network was compromised by hackers and it was classified as “external intrusion” when hackers got hold of all the credit card numbers and data from the network. This resulted in bad press for Sony as it tried hard to contain the breach and fix the issue as soon as possible as well as offering protection to the customers whose credit cards may have been compromised.
    Today, a PSN user faced the same issue, that is, he woke up to unauthorized transactions from his PSN account which also had his credit card linked to it. The user, Spiritualized_80, today on PlayStation’s Official Support Forums, reported that he woke up to confirmation emails about his purchases of wallet points for Fifa. These transactions were made at 5am local time of the user at which he was asleep. Confirming that it wasn’t him who made these transactions and also that he has never ever shared his PSN account or the username/password for his account with anyone, it can only mean that he was the latest victim in PSN hacking.
    Spiritualized_80 phoned customer support at Sony to discuss the issue and Sony replied with that they will be locking down his account completely. Which means that all his PSN purchases, friends list, trophies and more will be made invalid and he would have no access to his account anymore. Although we’re pretty sure that this lockdown of his account will be temporary until Sony finds the breach and confirms the hack and unauthorized use. Until then, the user cannot access its account.
    Sony promised that its PSN service will only get better and more secured following the release of the PlayStation 4. Online multiplayer gaming is now behind a paywall, you need a PS+ subscription to play online multiplayer now and Sony stated that this decision will lead them to invest in more security and better performance. PSN service has been going under constant maintenance ever since the launch of the PlayStation 4. We hope that no loopholes or security flaws have been found by the hackers to compromise the network once again.
    Till then we advise our readers to keep a sharp eye out on any activity that looks suspicious and to take precautions when using their credit card on PSN and linking to their account.
    Stay tuned with us as we bring you more information as the story develops

Source

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. th

theunsuper Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Fecal Leaking

3. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol, now with that paywall I would say Xbox is better. :3

4. MOD4FUN

MOD4FUN Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    playing it safe just deleted billing info

5. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Uh its just one... so it was ratted or something and he used the same password on his PSN account or something

6. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    Finally. Now I don't have to hear PS fanboys claim it's better cause online is free.

7. ta

taylan Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    He deserved it!

8. HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    wow I have my card linked with my account cause the stupid subscriptions wouldn't let me activate them without having a card on file!

9. Actright

Actright Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I call BS on this, were is the source of this? I checked 3 mainstream gaming news sites and nothing about this. Also hackers take all credit card numbers and data from PSN and the only 1 person is affected, that just doesn't make sense. Now if this is true and PSN got hack and you look at this and think its a reason to trash PSN you're a idiot, just think about it, millions of accounts stolen and only one account out of all of them is effected. That is a awesome job on PS part, if there were 2 mil accounts( I know there are a hell of lot more then that) that means only .0000005% of accounts affected. Tons of Xbox live accounts are stolen every day and it's take MS 30 to 45 days to refund your credit card.<br>
    Just a side note I own a xbox one and haven't playied on PS since PS2

10. XenonLover

XenonLover Newbie
    0/47

If you must know..... wellllll that sucks cause yo
    Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coder123" data-time="1387629077">
    <div>
    Uh its just one... so it was ratted or something and he used the same password on his PSN account or something
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Exactly. Logged into playstation.com and got keylogged or something. Same with every xbox and psn account taken. Rarely are any taken that were legitimately hacked into.

11. NOMADD99

NOMADD99 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="SubVerse" data-time="1387617848">
    <div>
    Lol, now with that paywall I would say Xbox is better. :3
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    It was probly an Xbox or m$ person/player who did it onlyto try and rubbish the reputation of PS after the beating that M$ took in the sales of there Xbox one consoles ha-ha.

12. Wo

Wolfmaster5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Did I say this before cause I'm saying again, Wake up to SONY's lie's people never belive SONY on their "Protection for you're account". They are BS'ing to everyone and I was the one that told every diehard Playstation fan that it would happen again on the PS4 within months of release release and guess what this happen in the time frame I gave. PS4 has been out for a month and has been hacked, now they are crying over a glass of milk that they knocked over.

Also NOMADD99 it wasn't a Microsoft Employee that hacked SONY's PSN it was an outside source selling credit card details to those that have games but will use other people's money to buy things that they want and not go out to get PSN money to top up their account with.