PS4 Jailbreak Is A Hoax

Bullet Dec 3, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

You may recall we posted an article about Team Redox Jailbreak on the PS4? Team Redox claimed to have Jailbroken the PS4 on a pastebin document with links to the jailbreak that had been removed as soon as they were put up.
    Well we all know that files that have been placed on a file sharing site, legitimate or otherwise will spread like wildfire once they have been up for a few minutes. Strangely enough the files didnt appear to be anywhere which raised concerns immediately and at the time when I posted about the Jailbreak we did state the the legitimacy of the Jailbreak was unconfirmed.

The Pastebin document said:

" PS4 Jailbreak has just been released! At last you can hack your console without the nessesity to modify it or interfere with its hardware. It is all possible thanks to our Jailbreak program. It is extremely simple in utilization, as the only thing you need to do is download the files from our website and then follow the instructions.
    After this procedure you will be able to take advantage of free games without any risk.
    This software is very helpful becuase a Jailbroken PS4 can install any game for free or you can install CFW (custom firmware).
    So don't wait and download Redox Team Jailbreak "

Along with this claim was also a tutorial on how to install the Jailbreak as well as credits to the original founder of the exploit x-s4nd3r a well known defacer:

" NOTE: I did not find this vulnerability within PS4, nor did I write the exploit, while I was browsing thru an Brazilian console-hacking forum known as condinh0 (I am sure you all know this if you hang out at TOR). A person named x-s4nd3r released the devkit of PS4, as well as the exploit within 5 days of PS4 release. Although most of you don’t know how to apply that jailbreak on the PS4, I am making this tutorial to sort this **** out for you."

The only exploit in this whole thing was an exploit of Deposit files where the Jailbreak files were supposedly hosted. You can create a bogus link on Deposit Files and it will show as " This File Has Been Removed".
    Example: https://depositfiles.com/files/FakeJailbreak

There were also other holes in the Jailbreak claim such as the Twitter image claiming that Sony had threatened the would be jokers. The truth is Sony would not act in such a manner.

It seems that the Playstation 4 is safe for now at least...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. LOBSHEAD

LOBSHEAD So far gone , dont know the way back !
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the heads up , i wont be rushing to buy one now lol

3. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    who didn't see that coming (he/she only wanted 15 mins of fame)

the links never worked

thanks for the info lol