Protect Your Accounts And Passwords

Bullet Apr 30, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

In light of recent events I feel compelled to write this article on protecting your accounts. This advice doesn't pertain to XPG specifically, but is a broader message to all of our members.

[​IMG]

You may have heard about a recent security flaw that has affected thousands of websites security.
    Heartbleed was a bug in OpenSSL, introduced in a new version of the software at the end of 2011, that under some circumstances allowed Internet attackers to steal data from the memory of a server in 64KB chunks. That data could include passwords or encryption keys, which could then be used to break into users’ accounts or even make malicious sites mimic real ones and collect usernames and passwords.

We were not affected but you may have still been though!
    If you are one of these people that use the same password for multiple websites then you are at risk. My advice to you would be to download a browser addon such as LastPass.

[​IMG]

Lastpass not only prevents you from having to type in passwords , it will also generate safe passwords for you and notify you if you have the same passwords for one or more websites and prompt you to change them.

Its free and you can also use it as a key by having Lastpass on a USB stick, so you can only sign into sites once you insert the key!

Chances are you could of visited a site that was affected by this recent security flaw, so just take extra precaution and take time out right now to change your passwords please!!

2. nightmarexxx

nightmarexxx XPG Homie
    0/47

Behind you! Stalk you all tha time babyyy
    Console:
    Xbox
    What if im on ipad? :lol:

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

4. XPGZeeR

XPGZeeR Insert Title Here Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Thanks for letting people know about Heartbleed, it's such a massive bug, hopefully everyone is staying safe. Goodthing XPG wasn't particually affected! :)

5. tuffy09

tuffy09 Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i was affected by this. They had my paypal details 1 hour after inserting my password to paypal 1 hour later i had emails on my phone coming through with 50 pounds of xboxlive codes being brought through game! he spent 200+ but got it all back though

6. kloonator

kloonator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thx for the share m8. Internet security is a big problem and everyone should read your topic to prevent spreading malicious codes.
    And great job to all crew members at XPG to make this board secure