Polyphony Confirms Gran Turismo 7 is In Development

Rocky Jun 27, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

To the surprise of no one, Gran Turismo 7 is currently in development, Polyphony Digital has confirmed. "We are working on the title," Kazunori Yamauchi revealed. "I don't think it'll make this year!"

There's also no prologue game planned to release ahead of GT7, Yamauchi confirmed, stating: "I don't think it'll be a Prologue." Polyphony is also planning a patch to update the car's engine sounds in Gran Turismo 6, but the audio will be given even greater attention in Gran Turismo 7.

"I think the quality of the sounds in Gran Turismo 6 will be improved, but most of the work will be done in Gran Turismo 7," said Yamauchi. And as for the standard road cars that have become a GT staple over the years? They're here to stay.

"I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars," Yamauchi assured. "Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focussed on increasing the number of premium cars."

In other Gran Turismo news, GT 6 will be getting the Aston Martin DP-100 and Nissan Concept 2020 in July, as part of the next GT Vision update.

We'll have more on Gran Turismo 7 - which we're assuming will be PlayStation 4-bound in 2015 - as it drops.

Source - PST org