Play Overwatch for FREE This Weekend

Grizzy Feb 14, 2018

1. Grizzy

Grizzy
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator
    115/188

[​IMG]

Overwatch will be free this weekend (Feb. 16-19) on all platforms!

Now is a cool time to check out the game as it’s right in the middle of its Year-of-the-Dog Chinese New Year event which offers some awesome skins/emotes/voice-lines etc., as well as a special Capture The Flag mode.

If you’re wondering how this whole free weekend thing works, it’s pretty simple, and the game is a relatively small download. Here are the instructions from Blizzard:

FOR WINDOWS PC (February 16):
    Step 1: Download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, if you haven't already, and launch it.
    Step 2: Create a FREE Blizzard account, or log in with an existing account.
    Step 3: Click the "Overwatch" icon, located on the left-hand side of the Blizzard desktop app.
    Step 4: Select your region from the drop-down menu, then click "Install" to begin the installation process.
    Step 5: Once installed, click "Play" to begin!

FOR PLAYSTATION 4 (Pre-download starting at 11:00 AM PST on February 13):
    Step 1: Turn on your PlayStation 4 and log in to your preferred local user.
    Step 2: Go to PlayStation Store and select "Search" from the top menu.
    Step 3: In the search field, type in "Overwatch."
    Step 4: Select "Overwatch Free Weekend" from the search results and then click "Download."
    Step 5: Once the download and installation process is complete, click "Start" to begin!

FOR XBOX ONE (Pre-download starting at 11:00 AM PST on February 13):
    Step 1: Turn on your Xbox One and log in to your Xbox Live account.
    Step 2: Go to the Xbox One Store, then select "Search."
    Step 3: In the search field, type in "Overwatch."
    Step 4: Select "Overwatch: Origins Edition" from the search results and then click "Free Trial."
    Step 5: Once the download and installation process is complete, click "Launch" to begin!

This is how I got hooked on the game over a year ago... once you start playing it’s hard to say “nahh I’ll pass on it”. It’s not on sale right now like it often is when there is a free weekend, but personally I’ve gotten enough hours to make the game well worth full price.

If you're a new Overwatch player checking it out for the first time, let us know what you think of the game in the comments. And if you need any tips or help with your game ask the community here for help! I’m sure there are lots of people, myself included who would be glad to help. :)

Here is the link to the official free weekend page: playoverwatch.com: Overwatch

And here is a video on our YouTube channel highlighting 5 powerful tricks in Overwatch that you might not know: