Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Resolved Newbie With Minecraft Modding Troubles

wjgranger Jun 10, 2014

1. wj

wjgranger Newbie
    0/47

I am new to 360Revolution and am actually not a Minecraft player myself. I agreed to mod Minecraft for my two nephews (brother's kids) because both of their parents are computer illiterate and I've been using computers my whole life.

I know I am doing the process correctly because I have gotten mods to work using Horizon to extract and inject and 360Revolution to mod. The mods that have worked have been when I have only changed (modded) one or two items in the inventory of each player. In these cases the modded games have loaded up correctly and the inventories of each player have reflected the changes I made.

Unfortunately, my nephews want to EXTENSIVELY mod their inventory and every time I've tried that, I've been unsuccessful. In these cases, everything up to and including injecting the files has gone normally, however when I attempt to load the game from the USB flash drive (or load the game from the Xbox hard drive after copying it from the USB) the game freezes. What I mean by this is the bar that would normally progress across the screen indicating that the game is loading, never appears and the game completely freezes. At this point there is no way to recover except to restart the Xbox.

I'm pretty sure the reason I'm having problems has to do with the info contained in this thread: http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/42026-how-to-not-mod-minecraft-360-edition/ With that said, that thread is two years old and talks quite a bit about program updates solving the issues mentioned in that thread, so I'm not sure how reliable and up-to-date that info is anymore.

I don't live close to my nephews and I don't get over there often, so I don't have access to a save file, but I do know what the contents of the file are when it is opened for the first time in 360Revolution and when I save it in 360Revolution (after I select all of the mods my nephews want).

Each player is assigned slots 0 through 35 for a total of 36 slots per player and a grand total of 72 slots. In the initial file ALL 72 SLOTS ARE FILLED WITH DIRT WITH A QUANTITY OF 64 ATTATCHED TO EACH SLOT.

That is the starting point. From there I begin my mods. FOR PLAYER 1, I MAKE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES (please note that the number refers to the slot number and not the quantity. All quantities were kept at 64).

0- Air 1- Arrow 2- Bed 3- Bow 4- Burning Furnace 5- Chest 6- Diamond 7- Diamond Axe 8- Diamond Block 9- Diamond Boots 10- Diamond Chest Plate 11- Diamond Helmet 12- Diamond Hoe 13- Diamond Leggings 14- Diamond Pickaxe 15- Diamond Shovel 16- Diamond Sword 17- Fire 18- Golden Apple 19- Lava 20- Locked Chest 21- Monster Spawner 22- Portal 23- Powered Minecart 24- Powered Rail 25- Storage Minecart 26- TNT 27-TNT 28- TNT 29- Water 30- Workbench 31- Flint & Steel 32- Dirt 33- Dirt 34- Dirt 35- Dirt 36- Dirt

FOR PLAYER 2, I MAKE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES (please note that the number refers to the slot number and not the quantity. All quantities were kept at 64).

0- Cookie 1- Cookie 2- Charcoal 3- Charcoal 4- Clock 5- Dandelion 6- Diamond 7- Diamond Axe 8- Diamond Block 9- Diamond Boots 10- Diamond Chest Plate 11- Diamond Helmet 12- Diamond Hoe 13- Diamond Leggings 14- Diamond Pickaxe 15- Diamond Shovel 16- Diamond Sword 17- Flint & Steel 18- Glass Pane 19- Golden Apple 20- Lava 21- Locked Chest 22- Monster Spawner 23- Portal 24- Sponge 24- 25- TNT 26-TNT 27- TNT 28- Tall Grass 29- Torch 30- Water 31- Dirt 32- Dirt 33- Dirt 34- Dirt 35- Dirt 36- Dirt

If I owned Minecraft (or an Xbox360 for that matter), I could simply take the time to try the mods individually to determine which ones work and which ones don't work. However, I own neither and with the little amount of precious time I do get with my nephews, I can't be spending 6 hours trying 45 or so mods individually to determine which ones work and which ones don't. With that said, they mean a lot to me, so I'd like to give them as many mods as possible, rather than gut the list because there is a chance one may not work.

SO, WHAT I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR IS FOR A MINECRAFT MOD EXPERT TO TELL ME:

1. WHICH (IF ANY) MODS IN MY LIST ABOVE FOR PLAYER 1 AND PLAYER 2 DO I HAVE TO REMOVE TO PREVENT THE XBOX FROM FREEZING.

2. I READ SOMETHING ABOUT "UNSTACKABLE" ITEMS. I ASSUME THAT MEANS THEY CAN ONLY HAVE A QUANTITY OF 1 IN ANY ONE INVENTORY SPACE. AM I CORRECT? IF SO, CURRENTLY, EVERY ITEM IN THE INVENTORY ABOVE HAS A QUANTITY OF "64". WHICH ITEMS, IF ANY, DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE INVNTORY QUANTITY FROM 64 TO 1?

3. I ASSUME 360REVOLUTION MODS FOR MINECRAFT ONLY WORK FOR LOCAL (NON-XBOX LIVE) VERSIONS OF THE GAME. IS THIS CORRECT? THE FIRST FEW TIMES I TRIED TO MOD, I TRIED TO MOD WORLDS THAT WERE CREATED IN XBOX LIVE AND THE FILES COULD NEVER BE RELOADED BACK ONTO THE XBOX, ALMOST AS IF THE XBOX THOUGHT OF THEM AS CORRUPTED OR A VIRUS, WHICH MAKES SENSE TO ME. AM I CORRECT IN ASSUMING ONE CANNOT MOD XBOX LIVE MINECRAFT WORLDS?

4. IF CERTAIN ITEMS CAN'T BE USED IN XBOX MINECRAFT, WHY INCLUDE THEM IN 360REVOLUTION? (not really important, just curious)

Thank you very much for any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Bill G.

2. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    i honestly did not read your whole post. if you update your minecraft you can go into creative mode and give yourself infinite amounts of anything. thus making the tool antiquated. try creative mode. if you really want to use this tool post your save and ill try to fix the issue.

3. GX

GX1 Newbie
    0/47

Hi can someone please mod my save quickly and send it back or re post or something, i lost everything in lava after hours of finding enough diamond for a pickaxe and mining obsidian. Ive tried everything, horizon, modio, nothing works and i only need to replace my diamond really.

So if someone could just like add 64 of everything or something then i'll be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.