New Overwatch League Skins Are Now Available

Grizzy Jan 10, 2018

1. Grizzy

Grizzy Contributor
    145/188

[​IMG]

The first Overwatch League matches don't begin until tomorrow on Twitch, but the corresponding skins of the the 12 new league teams are now available...for purchase. There are 312 new skins to be exact, and some of them look pretty dang cool -- but they're not free and they can’t be unlocked through lootboxes.

When you start up the game you’ll be given 100 free League Tokens which is enough to buy one of the 312 skins, and you'll have to buy more league tokens to buy more skins. It’s $5 for 100 more tokens (one skin’s worth), however the price for tokens does decrease the more you buy at once. For example, it’s $100 for 2,600 tokens which would be enough to buy all the skins for one team.

Personally I won’t be spending too much money on this because: one; I don’t have a team I feel particularly supportive of (this could change as I find out more about the particular rosters and their play-styles), and two; because I’m not sure how I feel about something in-game that is only achievable through money. Yes, I know it’s only a cosmetic addition and not like a super powerful weapon that gives a player an advantage...but I always liked how all other loot in the game could be earned by just playing the game a lot.

However it does make it lot better that all sales of the skins will “provide monetary support for teams in the league” according to the video I’ve linked below. So...maybe I’ll buy a few….GO PHILLY FUSION!!

The first match starts off tomorrow at 4:00pm PST (on Twitch) between the San Francisco Shock and the Los Angeles Valiant. More info on that game and the rest of the schedule here:

The Overwatch League: Schedule

Which team are you guys gonna be rooting for, and which teams’ skins do you think are the best looking?

Is this dumb? Or are you guys excited about this next phase of Overwatch?

2. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    WOOOO!! Im excited...