Need help SLIM PROTO RGH

frankr11 Dec 13, 2013

1. frankr11

frankr11 Newbie
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    HI guys so i recently bought a SLIM PROTO, and NAND X.

I have installed and dumped the nand
    I installed the Slim Post with the Post QSB on the back of the board i have tried all dip switches on the proto.. I cannot get my console to boot. If anyone has experience with some issues and troubleshooting it would be awesome if you can get a hold of me on skype, PM me on here or reply to this topic. Dont be hesitant to ask other questions,

If someone successfully gets me on my feet with this one, i will use the xbox to host you a lobby of you and your friends choice. Please Reply soon Thankyou!

2. XPMaster

XPMaster Lifetime XPG Lifetime Gold
    50/94

Console:
    Xbox
    If the console isn't booting after installation then it's most probably your soldering.

Did you test it powering on after installing each qsb? If not then it could be any of them.

I recommend taking it to someone to repair (if you're lucky) and redo installation.

Also try Team Executor forum, they'll probably say the same but have plenty people who can help.
    It's also not much good getting help without pictures of your work mate so I'd get some close ups of all that first.

HTH.

3. Chattanooga360

Chattanooga360 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what mother board is it?

does the console boot to regular dash with the original nand flashed to it and the red wire desoldered?

Can you post a couple pics "This Isnt to bash on you about your soldering skills" only to get a couple fresh sets of eyes looking for problems you may have overloooked

4. Sickmods

Sickmods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Till we get pics its hard to know what is wrong

5. XPMaster

XPMaster Lifetime XPG Lifetime Gold
    50/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Not trying to bash you mate just in case it seemed like that. I'm just being realistic, what I wrote really is the best advice I can give.

I've been there when I was new to doing all this and killed 3 xbox's trying to do my first one (not too bad at £20 for 3 but still lost money as could've sold them on), all soldering looked perfect to me and I was lost as to what I was doing wrong. I got some pics up on TX and was told it was my soldering wether looks good or not, if it doesn't turn on or red lights then it's pretty much your soldering wether it looks good or not, there's nothing else it can be. Got hold of someone in my area and he found the problem, couldn't fix it but swapped the mobo and redone everything on to the new one, set it all up perfectly and all for £30, job done.

I'm just saying save yourself the headaches for days trying to find what's wrong and accept it's probably your soldering, get it sorted in no time with no headaches or wasting your time and you'll be a happy man. It's really not worth playing around with or trying to fix incase you make it worse imho. Once you've got this one sorted by someone then get a couple dead boards for a few quid and do a whole load of practicing until you can do it all second nature, then try playing with a load of really cheap electrical items, playing with bits, desoldering, soldering stuff and making sure it still works after. Then once you're good with that you'll be doing xbox's like a pro.

;)

6. frankr11

frankr11 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thankyou, I will get some pictures up as soon as i can,

i will redo my points if necessary

7. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Make sure you provide clear zoomed pictures. We'll definitely be able to help.