More unannounced Xbox One exclusives coming in 2014

Rocky Feb 27, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Xbox One's 2014 exclusives list doesn't begin and end with Titanfall, Microsoft Studios corporate vice-president Phil Spencer has assured followers on Twitter - there are Other Things on the way, lurking in the periphery of our vision like... Hmm, what's the appropriate reference point? Something from Microsoft's back catalogue, I guess. OK: like a cloaked Elite waiting to pounce.

Speaking of Halo, we're told that the franchise's "journey" on Xbox One will begin this year. The jury's still out on what, precisely, this means: we reported that it would be Halo 5 in a previous issue, but Microsoft may have moved the goalposts. It's rumoured that an Anniversary edition of Halo 2 will launch this winter instead.

Some Tweets below

Vincenzo Cotugno @cotugnovincenzo
    @XboxP3 Hi Phil, are there unannounced games that will be out this year exclusively on XB1 ?

Phil Spencer @XboxP3
    @cotugnovincenzo Had to think about this: out this year, unannounced and exclusive. Yes.

In other news, Spencer's been chatting to people about the idea of a Blinx the Timesweeper reboot. I find this agonising to read about, personally, but perhaps you have fonder memories of the original Xbox's ill-fated platforming mascot. It doesn't seem like there's a high probability of a comeback, either way.

Someguy @TheVKNGsTweeter
    @XboxP3 anyone else remember blinx the time sweeper? I wish he would come back on xbox one :(

Phil Spencer @XboxP3
    @TheVKNGsTweeter Artoon was the developer. I always found the lead character a bit challenging but I did like the time controls.

Source - OXM