Modded Lobbies Feedback/Fix

Nasyr Aug 10, 2014

1. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Okay, so I recently saw that new members can't make modded lobby posts because of scamming. Well I thought to myself.. Isn't that cutting off a lot of legit services XPG could be having. Then my several years of IPB experience came into play and I have a suggestion for you that I think will resolve this.

Well as you know, we have many verifiers that cover a lot of games for verification. We verify all topics before the user can conduct further sales/lobbies. But not to get too much story into my idea I will explain how this idea works and how to do it.

So my idea is that all new topics posted will require approval/moderation before seen public. No not every topic has to be locked and then verified, there is a simple forum edit you can do.

Guide: Forums > Forums > Manage Forums > Click edit icon on a Modded Lobby forum > Postable Settings > Enable Posting Moderation > Moderate new topics, but not moderate new replies.

And there you go. Every new topic posted will immediately be unapproved until manually approved. And it is hidden from public view aswell automatically, but can be seen by moderators. I also suggest allowing Verifiers permissions to approve these topic as we will be the ones verifying them. I think this would require moderator permissions. This also makes it easier for Verifiers to simply verify there topic and quickly know which ones are and aren't verified.

2. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I'm sure they have already thought about this, as this isn't that secret nor complicated of an IPB function. It's in the settings when creating a forum :LOL:
    Anywho, I like your idea but there is a major flaw. How would the verifiers be able to see the lobby topic to verify the member if it is automatically hidden? Unless a staff member linked them to the member's profile, this will not work.

3. Nasyr

185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I also stated that giving us moderation powers of these forums could be a possibility so you can view them. Also.. I highly doubt this idea was thought of yet, from what I heard. I look forward to seeing this happen so we can get the topics flowing again.

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

..... and what would that be exactly?

5. Nasyr

185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    It wasn't meant to sounds like that at all. I'm not a big shot that knows everything, no that's not me. I wasn't particularly having the best day either yesterday, but that's my fault. Sorry about that. What I was try to say is that.. I heard that t3 turned off the forums for new members because of scamming. It doesn't really seem, I guess you can say, that there was another option in mind. All this post was meant to be was, a simple suggestion and or idea. Thanks for even taking the time to look at my extensive posts.

6. Bu

Bullet Guest

The forums are not 'turned off' for new members, and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
    This site is here for the members so we take all feedback into consideration so that guys can enjoy the forums.
    Our members safety is paramount so we do everything we can to protect users from scammers. This as I am sure you can appreciate is a very difficult thing to do as regardless of what rules are in place, some people are just hell bent on ripping others off. Some of our current methods may seem to be 'over protective' but after 4 years of trial and error these are the methods that seem to work the best. That having been said we are always open to new ideas and suggestions, so thanks you for your feedback.