Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Xbox One X Version Took Less Than 1 Day, Lack of SwitchVersion Explained

Jonny Weston Jul 1, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    ” I know that our tech team got it up and running on the Xbox One X dev kit within a day.”

[​IMG]

Like many third party titles, Monolith Productions’ Middle-Earth: Shadow of War will not be coming to the Nintendo Switch. GamingBolt had a chance to speak to design director Bob Roberts to find out why. When asked about a possible Switch version, Roberts first clarified that, “We have no Switch plans right now.” Why is that the case? “I don’t know all that went into that decision,” he said.

However, when asked about whether the Switch’s processing power had anything to do with it, Roberts noted that, “I’m really not sure. I know that our tech team got it up and running on the Xbox One X dev kit within a day. I think that’s a big deal for us: how much work do we have to devote to supporting another console versus making the game better?

“I really don’t know to what degree if they got those kits, and decided it would be too much. Or they never got them because Warner Bros. didn’t want us to invest our time there. I have no idea. It could have been at a higher level at Monolith. It could have been down to the tech. Anything is possible.”

Regardless, if you want to experience the vast scale of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War when it releases in October, it’s best to do so on the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro or PC. Stay tuned for more information on the game in the coming months.

Source: Gaming Bolt