Microsoft details 2 Xbox One system updates

Rocky Feb 5, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Microsoft will release an Xbox One system update on Tuesday, February 11, it's announced.

[​IMG]

The system update will add the ability to manage storage, improve Kinect voice commands and add "lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers," chief product officer Marc Whitten wrote on Xbox Wire.

The first image of the updated Xbox One Dashboard
    More information on the Feb 11 update will be released soon, said Whitten. Furthermore, the exec confirmed a second, March 4 system update will be released "to prepare your Xbox One for Titanfall."

"Just as we did with Xbox 360, Xbox One will have regular updates to deliver new features and platform experiences designed to delight you," the exec wrote.

"On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One.

"It features many new improvements - including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time.

"While we won't be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon. "

Some of the features set for the February 11 update - described as "just a few" of the full list - were revealed as:

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We've separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we've added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.

You will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.
    The second, March 4 update is said to contain "many new features and improvements," most significantly a "new party and multiplayer system."

"This post is the first of many announcements and sneak peeks at features in the system updates," concluded Whitten's Xbox Wire post.

"We've been carefully listening to your feedback and look forward to delivering many new features that will make Xbox One even better. We're just getting started and can't wait to share more information in the coming weeks."

Source - CVG

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

I don't see anything there worth raving about tbh. So we can now see how much space is being taken up on our HDD, and then what?

Wheres the support for USB storage?

The battery Light indicator is back... well thats awesome, Im so glad I stuck with MS now... thanks guys great job.

3. Ro

Rocky Guest

I agree its terrible, M$ don't give a **** tbh