1. Ma

Mackayyyy Newbie
    105/188

Hi guys, can someone please help me by explaining a few things about the KV's

Why is there such a demand for KV's? I don't understand how people need a new one so much? Why do they get banned so much?

Also, why are people putting up totials on how to make KV's last longer? I thought they last forever until you get banned which brings you back to my first question?

Do you need lots of KV's if you use XBLS or something?

Thanks for any help given too me

2. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    With jtag's/Rgh's online services, depending on which one you buy. You can either last weeks or days, it's not a matter of playing games or modding x amount of games. It just happens, yeah modding in public games effects how long they last. Some times they are sold as unshared when really they are shared. So you and some stranger could be on the same one. You just going completely legit, watching Netflix or what ever. While the stranger is going crazy with mods on cod. You just have a high chance of getting banned when you're on a modded console.

[​IMG]

3. Ma

Mackayyyy Newbie
    0/47

Thanks man, so basically it costs to keep an RGH going? Is there really much point in getting one if it costs a lot of money to keep running it?

4. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    JTAG/RGH aren't actually meant for going online. People just tend to abuse what was released to the public free of charge and profit from things such as lobbies.

So no, it doesn't cost to keep an RGH going. If you use software such as XBLS and stuff, then yes it will cost.

5. Ma

Mackayyyy Newbie
    0/47

Yeah but other than MW2 lobbies and before, what other cool things is there to do with an RGH/JTAG without going online etc

6. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    There are countless things that you can do with them. This is just a few listed..

Custom Dashboards
    Modified Games (Such as Xex mods, Trainers, ISO mods etc)
    Free Arcade games and DLC
    Media Players
    Homebrew such as Emulators, Games, Themes.
    Go online with System Link (NOT XBOX LIVE!)

7. Ma

Mackayyyy Newbie
    0/47

Yeah but to use modified games with trainers etc you need to go online with you're RGH. Once you get the free arcade games etc can you transfer them onto your retail for free by any chance?

And also, what are XeX Mods? ISO mods you need to buy the discs etc as well.

8. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Why would you need to go online with a console to use trainers or modified files?

No, there are patches that are applied to the console upon bootup (commonly used in Dashlaunch) when they kick in it sets a flag to the console in memory to patch the LIVE containers (DLC and Arcade games etc) If you were to put it on a retail console, the DRM flags are still there. So that isn't possible. However there are some select games that are DRM free such as Skyrim and Borderlands that you can just download the DLC and pop it onto your console and it would work right off the bat.

Xex mods, are modifications to the game's executable, Halo 4 for example. We can edit the XEX to give us Godmode and Infinite Ammo.

ISO mods, you don't need a disc unless you have a flashed drive. If you have an RGH, you're most likely playing games from internal HDD or external HDD meaning the files are in plain view so we can edit and replace them as we like. The very same with an XK3Y (Optical Disc Drive Emulator) you are running games from HDD, so no discs are needed.

9. Ma

Mackayyyy Newbie
    0/47

Xex mods are petty much trainers etc then because basically with my RGH, i just enjoy modding games like GTA V and the COD series online and offline

I prefer modding the online so you can have fun with the mods with others but ofcourse for that you need XBLS. So there is no game that you can get for free on the JTAG and transfer it over to the RGH.

Thanks for the help because im interested in more things that i would be interested in doing that didn't involve money and have a low risk of being banned. Thanks man do you have anymore ideas?

10. Renegade

105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Honestly man, look at all of the content we have here on XPG. It's filled with content from many great members including myself.