Tags:

JTAG issues after update

umairmalik Oct 10, 2014

1. um

umairmalik Newbie
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    I have an issue with my xbox. I recently updated my dash to the latest one but made a stupid mistake and flashed using 'Nand flasher 360' instead of Simple nand flasher (im not sure if this is what casued the issue or if something else went wrong). The problem is that now my xbox is booting up (and dash is updated), but neither am I able to boot into xell or goto xexmenu. I don't see any of the GOD games that I had on my hdd. My xbox is a falcon 60 gb.

To explain further. Once i goto the games section, for a split second i see all the games and then they fade away. The only game i was able to play was FIFA 15 demo and I am also able to play a burnt (not original disk) gta 5. I haven't been able to play any other disks.

I took my xbox to a local repair shop and they said the jtag chip is not working bla bla. They said they can re-jtag it but there is a higher possibility that the xbox will die in the process. But I'm having a hard time believing them.

Does anyone have any idea what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    You have backup nands ? Should have really ?

Flash fresh image and do fresh install of FSD see what happens.

Can't see how there saying its the chip as the console is booting ? Sounds more like a HDD problem if your games fade away ?

Also you say the console will not play back ups or original discs only backup copy of GTA ?

First thing i would do is make a new image and fresh install of FSD then go from there.

If that fails post pics of your install

Keep us posted