Isn't This Braking the Online Terms & Conditions? What Do You Think?

DellBoy Dec 10, 2012

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Not having a go in anyway just thought I'd state for people that wonder what the replies are all about. A lot of our long time members are from the place that product is from and it is strange seeing it in shops/stores but like people have said there was game genie & action replay.

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    25/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    These things have been around for ages back in the age of PS1. I remember using one that you plugged into the back off it and then had a spring that made the tray think it was closed so the disk would spin around so you boot back ups.

3. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Long term members are from where that came from? what do you mean helped developed it?

I remember all those I'm 30 so they were around when I was I remember the Action Reply I had one of them on the PS1 but I thought they all where cheat code systems I didn't know they now use resigning software and do what we do when we use another save so I was surprised when I read the box

4. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah there was tons of tools like this for older consoles before. I am sure if MS wanted to stop it they would. I remember when they stopped datel for selling those upgraded memory cards, then they made a update to kill there usage lol.

5. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Nah, most of the 2-3 year members came from the forums for this product. They are all but dead now but when I started, SVG modding and GS boosting was massive, much bigger than now.

6. XPG Darkside

460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Bit of Google and this is what im on about if anybody is confused.

[​IMG]

7. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    i still have my old AR for Xbox1 with Mechassault softmod hack on it.

[​IMG]

8. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    man i wish i still had my ar for xbox 1 it soo damn hard to find now

9. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    cool I'm just surprised GAME would be selling them and that M$ is ok with it

10. XPG Darkside

460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    There are some for sale on ebay will pm links

11. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks XD

12. ni

nikeymikey Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I still regularly use my Action Replay for my snes, i have the megadrive one too, in fact i think i have an AR , Game Genie or similar for just about all of my old consoles. Im sure if i look hard enough through all my boxes ill find my old Amiga 500 and i know i have the Action Replay for that in there too.

The Atari ST and Amiga ones were some of the very first, i believe, So yes they have been around for ages lol

Theres even a version built into my old Snes copier, but thats called Goldfinger and codes for that are like rocking horse Fecal Leaking.

Couldnt help myself, had to stop typing this and go check in my boxes, so far i found cheat devices for N64, PS1, PS2, XBOX and NES

I am such a cheater lol

EDIT : Just found my one of these too :) Gonna crack out the old A500 right now and see if it still works......

[​IMG]

13. Bu

Bullet Guest

Had to lol when i see this topic ...

Me and Ghosti are actually admins on Xploder :p

Before the explosion of modding Xploder used to be a pretty good resource for gamesaves since the other main site for saves was 360Gamesaves which was limited to invite only and had pretty strict rules. Of course there were other alternatives such as Blueshadowz , 360Rebellion to name a few....

Xploder was popular becuase things you guys take for granted such as resigners back in those days were a rare commodity believe it or not lol ... So since Xploder actually marketed their resigner it seemed to be the first port of call for most would be cheaters.

Xploder had a strict no hex editing , no profile editing policy and as such it died as the scene moved on from gamesaves to hex editing saves, profile modding and the eventual ability to run unsigned code on Jtag or RGH machines...

Dont get me wrong , Xploder was around during the King Kong xploit and such, but back then the scene was for a hardcore minority, unlike today when almost everyone seems to be into Jtags and RGH.

So anyway , long story short... Xploders old news... is it illegal... nope... can you get banned from using it ... its possible yes.

As with anything you do that isnt as MS intended you to use the XBOX360 .... theres always a chance of a ban or death.

14. AD

ADDZ Guest

Not one for name dropping mate or I would have said ;) lol

15. Ro

Rocky Guest

A lot of Gamers that used Xploder sold Load n Pop Achievements on Ebay Recovering Accounts and Getting LnP Achievements, They made a packet at the time!

16. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    All I was trying to talk about was how come its ok for this but not for us to do it, that was all, Microsoft obviously hasn't a issue with it as its in shops like Game, so I was just wondering why didn't it say on the box that you could be banned for using such a thing and if they arn't bothered about users using such a program why would people have to worry about a possible ban for modding there saves. That was all, don't know why people are laughing about it I was just making a topic about something I thought isn't that what this is here for to chat about these sort of things well anyway topic got nice and busy anyway :)

17. Bu

Bullet Guest

Dont get me wrong im not loling at you in any way shape or form Delboy...

It was the topic content itself that made me lol....

Xploder isnt actually breaking the law and theres nothing stopping anyone from doing the same thing...

Xploder was popular in a day before resigners were readily available to the masses....hence it WAS so popular.

Why doesnt Xploder state on its packet that you may be at risk of a ban.. simply becuase that would impact sales since most people that buy Xploder dont know about the free tools readily available to them.

Xploder is marketed as a cheat system, and that appeals to people that dont know any better.

18. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    ;) I get ya, silly really but I guess if they can do it good on them lol