Is converting saves possible?

hynnessy Jun 6, 2014

1. hy

hynnessy Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hows it going guys, i want to say ive heard viper talking about converting Diablo saves at one point, Does anyone know if its possible to convert a xbox save to ps3 and if so would some one be kind enough to explain how i go about doing that or if there is a guide out there id appreciate it a ton.

2. Da

Darkinsigniae Rookie
    15/47

I dont know about coverting files directly from one medium to the next. However, in regards to migrating characters from PS3 saves to Xbox saves, I do know thats possible as I do this from time to time. I use Jappi88's Diablo III Save Editor to do this. All you need to do is drag the PS3 save data folder into the editor and extract the characters from it. Then, you take a xbox 360 save and you replace all characters that are on that save with the extracted characters from the PS3 save and viola, you now have characters that were on another platform for your use :D

Hope this helps

3. JK

JKY Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    i use windows to do this just take the files and change .dat to .hro and rename accordingly

4. Da

Darkinsigniae Rookie
    15/47

But I think what hyn was talking about was taking an xbox game save, namely the characters from the xbox game save and place them on a ps3 game save. Again, I don't think theres a direct conversion process. I could be wrong, but what I've found that works in relation to getting characters from a PS3 game save over to Xbox is by exporting the characters from the PS3 save and the replacing characters on an Xbox 360 save with the characters from the PS3 save. Hypothetically, this process should work the other way around. I haven't tried it yet, but the evidence suggests that this should be doable.

5. JK

JKY Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    yes this can be done just by renaming files and and moving them to there folder locations.. CKY has the ability to replace heroes on his editor i have tried it and was able to go both directions... so there are multiple options

6. Da

Darkinsigniae Rookie
    15/47

Cooool. I havent used the CKY editor as of yet. Thats next on my modding todo list. Jappi's editor can remove/replace heroes as well. But I haven't done it in the direction of taking characters from an xbox save and placing them into the PS3 save

7. JK

JKY Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    jappi's is lacking in a lot of ways the only thing that makes his better is you don't need to extract fully from the xbox save file or use BSD for ps3 files. other then that I haven't seen anything that CKY's dose not have... One annoying thing about CKY's is there are way to many updates there for a while there was 3 to 4 a week where jappi's there was no updates for 4-5 months...

8. Da

Darkinsigniae Rookie
    15/47

Does the CKY Editor have a full inventory of items, affixes, etc? Or does the editor collect them to a central database if you load more game saves to it? I really have to sit down and watch vipers tut's on CKY...

9. JK

JKY Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I don't know how it works. That's where I started but the look has changed..

10. Nightmare45013

Nightmare45013 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    The CKY editor has so many updates because everyday almost there are new affixes, items and features being added. Thats also why the big update bar has been added to the top of the editor so that way it makes it easier for you to have the most current and up to date lists of affixes and items possible.

11. Da

Darkinsigniae Rookie
    15/47

Well then, looks like i'll be getting this figured out tonight. I've been save mining for a while to get my Jappi editor as "up to date" as I can but I know I'm far from having all of the affixes and items. It sounds like there is alot of work being done on the CKY Editor which bodes well. Yea, definitely gonna look into this tonight

12. Nightmare45013

Nightmare45013 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    cool. it is an awesome editor.