Investors Want Microsoft To Kill Off Xbox

Bullet Feb 11, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Microsoft's Investors want the corporation to kill off the Xbox, Bing and Surface allowing them to focus on its core enterprises such as selling enterprise software to businesses according to the Washington Post.
    This decision rests on the shoulders of Satya Nadella, the company's new CEO and given his background this is certainly a prospect that he could handle with ease.

Could these be the end of the Xbox, or will Nadella continue in the same tradition that Microsoft has built up over the past 2 decades and try balance enterprise business with consumer tech or will he create a new path and ditch the consumers altogether?

Nadella recently said : " Our industry does not respect tradition, it only respects innovation." in a company email which gives a clear indication of his intentions to me.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. ag

agentfortys3v3n Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The way the Xbox One is going its for the best if they pull the plug. The Xbox had its day, but unfortunately that complete w4nker Don Mattrick ruined the brand.

3. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The Xbox isn't going anywhere if that was the case Sony would have got out when they did ps3 I have both systems and xbox is console of choice ps4 for now remains a useful paper weight in like the ps3 useless trash that I couldn't sell I understand I'm xbox fan boy but for time being it provides more to me than ps4. I admit to xbox o's is Fecal Leaking but it's a bumpy start wait till halo comes out see how many ps4 are traded in then

4. BigDdog

BigDdog Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bubba08" data-time="1392133223">
    <div>
    The Xbox isn't going anywhere if that was the case Sony would have got out when they did ps3 I have both systems and xbox is console of choice ps4 for now remains a useful paper weight in like the ps3 useless trash that I couldn't sell I understand I'm xbox fan boy but for time being it provides more to me than ps4. I admit to xbox o's is **** but it's a bumpy start wait till halo comes out see how many ps4 are traded in then
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    I see flashing lights is all it takes for you to think something is great.

Look at the hardware. not just the OS. Xbox won't be able to compete.

5. solidcool

solidcool Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigDdog" data-time="1392144480">
    <div>

</div>
    </blockquote>
    I know, right now i only got one game for my xbox. and thee for my ps4. their needs to be more games.

6. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigDdog" data-time="1392144480">
    <div>

</div>
    </blockquote>
    What fishing light are you talking about its just a overall better experience for me and the games for it are I tried the whole gaming pic wasn't for.me I have owned every console just about and was a play station fanatic when ps4 was out then moved to the Xbox then retried ps3 and that was load horse Fecal Leaking and so now went back to 360 and xbox one hasn't been to much of a let down but it's been frustrating

7. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Plus there not going to let go of a billion dollar market or worst case scenario they sell it to Google or somebody whos trying to get in console industry/market who has money to back it cause the clientele is already there

8. De

DeadlyData Engineer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's not open source and linux is better, linux is also starting to become a more widely known thing and Ubuntu One is making it's way to user desktops one step at a time OEM's distribute it freely with their builds now.

Users understand windows is no longer a requirement for browsing facebook and playing farm ville and that they not only do not need windows for this purpose but that they don't need a PC at all with the way mobile development has taken place.

Microsoft and it's investors should have seen the Profits from Windows dropping a long time ago, open source is on the move and it's rising to the top period....

I myself have a Windows Phone and can tell you it's complete garbage compared to what an android phone has to offer, the question becomes why?

Because Google love developers they actually support developers, microsoft likes to play their bullshit game of you pay us to develop for our closed platform then we'll sell your Fecal Leaking to other people and give you nothing.... or just make you quit an make a new game E.G. Bungie.

Obviously that's no way to win over developers at all, with steam making the rise to linux as well this is something they should certainly be scared of.

Think about the Steam Box in general, microsoft is fucking screwed in both the PC and Xbox market their profit will go down to only small business owners running legacy software running the operating system.

Which is another issue,
    Microsoft never assisted old school companies that made their platform become what it is, at the very least they could've established better backwards compatibilty.

But now applications such as SBT Pro are completely in the dust, sure the small businesses have alternative options... sure microsoft dis-continued support for the operating systems the software runs on.

But do you know how large of a task it is to actually upgrade to new operating systems with legacy software?, I'll tell you it'd cost them more money then they're willing to pay (Including that windows license) so the easy option?

Say Flubber windows all together and go with something which you know the <strong>community(key word here)</strong> will continute to update no matter how outdated our hipster it becomes, Linux.

9. ag

agentfortys3v3n Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    These are classic example's of how pathetic the Xbox brand has become.

last year when PS3 gamers got a new 1st party IP The Last of Us, Xbox gamers were getting a Pizza Hut App that required Gold to use.

MS spending more Kinect R&amp;D instead of producing a powerful console.

Yip the Xbox brand is finished now, just let it die.

10. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Sounds like the Obama election all over again letsall hope on the banwaggan for speach of change . where the he'll were yall with this last couple years Right, no where but pc guys always been firm where the stand and i don't knock them but as for steam in my opinion is something I didn't like to use not something I was able to get in . And if these are the last option thank god I have a child on the way to fill little time I have not working

11. AnAlgolagniac

AnAlgolagniac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    why do people have to fanboy and complain... just buy whatever console suits you and be happy. yes neither this gen console has many games yet but just wait a few months