Tags:

How to mod games with a jtag?

user2133 Jun 29, 2014

1. us

user2133 Newbie
    380/564

Console:
    Xbox
    I want to hack/mod my games for the 360. I have already jtaged my xbox so I do not need any help with that. What I am struggling with is being able to mod the actual games. I know that you can hex edit some and a few have mod tools out there but I have yet to find a good guide on how to use my jtag to mod most games. Is there a way to decrypt the files to adjust them or is there some function of the jtag that I have over looked? I would love a response on this because it has become very frustrating in not being able to hack/mod just because I cannot find a tutorial.

2. losparo

losparo Moderator Staff Member XPG Moderator TeamXPG
    380/564

Console:
    Playstation 4
    What exactly are you trying to do? Create a RTE/save editor/xex mod/trainer? Or are you just trying to use someone elses tools? Everything has a different approach if your looking to create something of your own.

3. us

user2133 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The first thing I need to make clear is that I am still new to alot of this stuff. For example I did not know what you ment by RTE so I had to google it. If that stands for real time editor then what I found looks promising. I understand that different things need different approaches but what I am looking for is a ganeral appoach to hanck/modding most games. Is there some basics that I need to do to get started? Other than hex and tools such as Horizion M o d i o I have found very little in the way of instructions. I have found places where people offer modded xex files but cannot find where to learn to do it myself. You understand the example?