[Help] General RGH Questions

GibboHull Feb 8, 2014

1. GibboHull

GibboHull Newbie
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    What up guys - I'm looking to finally take the plunge and buy a RGH console. I just have a few questions really, better to be safe than sorry and all that...just wanna make sure I've got my facts straight.

I probably wont be playing online, but theres a chance I could be moving my hard drive from my non-modded console to my modded one, could this still get my console banned?

How easy is it to update the RGH firmware on the console, will I need to open it up?

Is there anything I should be looking into investing in as well as the console (the one im looking at comes with j and cool runners)

how difficult is it to get files onto the RGH console?

And most of all really are they worth having? I've always wanted one because the add-ons and mods appeal to me, but does the novelty wear off? Do you guys still use them on a regular basis?

Cheers.

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

I probably wont be playing online, but theres a chance I could be moving my hard drive from my non-modded console to my modded one, could this still get my console banned?

You can but it's better to keep them separate.

How easy is it to update the RGH firmware on the console, will I need to open it up?

You need open it, solder a nand-x and chip to the motherboard

Is there anything I should be looking into investing in as well as the console (the one im looking at comes with j and cool runners)

CR3/ R-Jtag chip
    Nand-x
    Solder iron/solder
    Torx 10 screwdriver

how difficult is it to get files onto the RGH console?

Real easy via an FTP client from PC to RGH

And most of all really are they worth having? I've always wanted one because the add-ons and mods appeal to me, but does the novelty wear off? Do you guys still use them on a regular basis?

Yea it's worth it just for the mods, DLC, XBLA games, pre-releases, custom feel

3. Aa

Aaron 0x539
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    1. The chances of getting banned when moving Hard Drive around xbox's can't get you banned.
    2.RGH Firmware isn't hard, eventually someone releases an auto updater which doesn't require you to do anything other than run an exe on your computer.
    3. You don't need anything other than the Power supply, an Internet cable or Wireless Adapter and the basics.
    4. Quite simple, just put the files on a FAT32 Usb and you can run them straight off the Hard Drive.
    5.I use my RGH mostly everyday as my Retail was console banned, I love the idea of having free dlc and any games but there's more to it than just the free stuff and mods.

4. FNAO

FNAO Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This place is a sure place to be to learn about them. Once you get your console you will want to get to know the basics and what each of the main files to running them actually do such as (Xex Menu) (Dash Launch) (Freestyle Dash) (Xbox Neighborhood) there are tons of tutorials out there that help you install them and as you follow them just pay attention closely to get an understanding of what each of these really do and once you get that concept down you will know that (Xbox Neighborhood) is the way you connect to your console through your Router's network and will allow you to access the files to on your RGH and can drag and drop from your computer to your RGH. Your question on if your retail will get banned if you used the same HDD as your RGH i wouldn't recommend it but your retail wouldn't boot any of the home brew files anyway but i wouldn't use the same profiles that you use on your RGH for your retail. Will you get tired of the RGH? Having an RGH is a cool experience just get to know what is possible with it and DON'T have the mindset of just wanting to get online to host CoD Modded Lobbies because you can do much more. It depends on how much you want to learn about them will give you that answer they can be really fun just have to find what's possible and pick what you like because i am ALWAYS learning new things with mine.

5. GibboHull

GibboHull Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Really appreciate the answers guys. Really helped out.

6. Froody

Froody Developer XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Once your console is RGHed, you can pretty much leave the console closed. NAND read and writes can be done with software on an RGH/JTAG.

I use the same HDD for retail and RGH, however you can never be too safe. As ADDZ said, it's recommended that you have a separate HDD for your RGH, even if it's only 20GB. You can store your games etc. on an external USB drive if you'd like.

RGHs are great, I use mine more than my retail and I don't even take it online!

If you need any help or have any questions then just PM me.