Hatred Back On Greenlight After Valve Apologize

Bullet Dec 17, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Hatred is a controversial 'Massacre Sim' which quickly became popular, rocketing to number seven out of one hundred on Steam Greenlight's list of most wanted titles with a total of 13,148 up votes.

Within a couple of hours Steam had pulled the game from Greenlight, suggesting that the game's brutal content was the reason behind its decision to remove the listing.

The upcoming Video Game developed by Destructive Creations is set for release in 2015 on PC and will no doubt spark some controversy over the content, which was the creators whole reason for creating the game.

You play a sadistic criminal Hatred fills your whole body. You’re sick and tired of humanity’s worthless existence. The only thing that matters is your gun and pure Armageddon that you want to unleash.

You will go out for a hunt, you will clear the American soil off humans with cold blood. You will shoot, you will hurt, you will kill, you will die. There are no rules, no compassion, no mercy, no point of going back. You are the lord of life and death now and you have the full control over lifes of worthless human scum.

Valve boss Gabe Newel contacted the developers of the massacre sim apologising and confirming that the listing had been placed back up on Greenlight.

"Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers.
    "Good luck with your game.

What do you think about Valves desicion to reinstate this game on Steam, do you beleive it of stayed down, or can't you wait to play this contreversial game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014