Halo: The Master Chief Collection 20GB Update Kills Achievements

Bullet Nov 12, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Halo: The Master Chief Collection had issues with matchmaking on launch which 343 Industries and Microsoft have now resolved, however a 20GB day one update needed to fix the issues appears to have killed achievement unlocking.

343 Industries apologized for the matchmaking problems in an official statement on the Halo Waypoint forums. During the apology in which 343 pledged to work day and night to fix all the issues for the Halo fans they stated that there will be several updates being rolled out today. "Tomorrow morning (Wednesday morning Pacific Time) we plan to roll out a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking" say 343 and advise that we do not need to manually download these updates. "These are server-side fixes, so you won't need to take a content update or reboot your console; you should see the effects right away. In addition, we are targeting another release for this weekend, which will address a number of other community priorities."

343 Industries also acknowledged an unrelated issue with services which is causing achievements to not unlock correctly, to which they stated "we realize this just makes it all feel a bit worse."

Although 343 are blaming services for achievements not unlocking, at the time of writing this article all services are operational and achievements are still not unlocking:

[​IMG]

Microsoft do however state on their support website that achievements do not always unlock instantly:

"Achievements don’t unlock instantly when you complete them. In some instances, you may meet the requirements to unlock an achievement but not immediately receive a notice or update to your gamerscore. The Xbox Live service validates the unlocking of achievements and, though rare, delays can occur. Don’t worry – your progress has been recorded and the achievement will be awarded shortly, usually in less than 24 hours".

There is no official word on when the achievements will begin unlocking as they should, but hopefully todays 20gb update will rectify all the issues that Halo TMCC has been experiencing and we can all get back to enjoying the game.

Have you had issues with the achievements in Halo: TMCC, or any other issues we haven't covered? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol, I had one of the legendary missions unlock its achievement when I was already done with next mission.

And I think I actually had a few missions that didn't decide to even give me the achievement at all.

And obviously, most new games with new servers are gonna have problems because of unpredicted amount of server load by the unknown amount of players online.