Jonny Weston Jul 9, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    55/94

Console:
    Computer
    Microsoft announced its new 4K-capable Xbox One X console at E3 this year, but Halo wasn’t even mentioned on stage at all. While it was never likely that a full new Halo would be ready in time for the Xbox One X later this year, 343 industries is revealing today that it plans to update Halo 5 with 4K support. The update will be available later this year, and 343 promises “more to share on this front as we get closer to release.”

[​IMG]

It’s not clear how 343 will hit the 4K resolution, but it’s reasonable to assume Halo 5 in 4K will still run at 60fps. 343 prioritized frame rate over resolution for Halo 5, resulting in a game that used dynamic resolution scaling to keep the title running smoothly at 60fps.

Alongside the 4K support for Halo 5, a number of Halo titles are also coming to backwards compatibility for Xbox One later this year. Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, and Halo: CE Anniversary will all be available, and each will contain campaign and multiplayer modes and even LAN play between Xbox One and Xbox 360. Every Xbox 360 add-on map pack in the Xbox Store will also be made available free of charge alongside the backwards compatibility releases.

Source: The Verge

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Finally it looks like I'll be getting those games when they come out as well as with my 20 pre-order list all ready done with GameStop.